Thread: Need help with IBM x346 Adaptec Hostraid

Need help with IBM x346 Adaptec Hostraid

During the most recent weeks I had comprised and tested two IBM servers, a x206 and a x346. Together have encompassed the Adaptec HostRAID controller onboard (excluding you purchase an additional IBM ServeRAID controller). For the reason by means of the intention of this is immediately a fakeraid I utilized mdadm to setup the raid. Additional than I was interested if it would run beneath linux. The Adaptec and IBM make available drivers for SuSE and RedHat additional than I was interested to get it working with beneath Debian. So it was not possible to compile it for my kernel. Have to locate out if I be able to get the source code besides with the intention of the hardware worked completely by means of Debian Linux.

Re: Need help with IBM x346 Adaptec Hostraid

You are not capable to load subsequent to building HOST RAID(1) on that server. Give pleasure to assist to get me the drivers. You have comprised the debian on a netfinity 5500 M20 server by means of a serveRAID organizer in it. I was wondering how I be able to monitor the raid controller for errors disk breakdown. Subsequent to reading a number of IBM docs I installed the ipssend tool on my debian box. Even though it seems to run immediately extremely well, I did not locate the ipsmon tool with the intention of be supposed to be competent to monitor the controller. So, be able to you give several proposition on how to monitor the serveRAID controller beneath debian.

I have to locate out in my opinion how to monitor the controllers. I did not necessitate it previous to for the reason by means of the intention of the majority IBM models encompass the light path diagnostics. I determine to position a innovative entry when it’s completed. You be able to have right of entry the service processor by means of IPMI. I tested this on one occasion by means of the software by means of the intention of was on the CDs, delivered by means of the servers. Additional than there’s in addition an open source version or description, which has to be tested, even though. Our chosen OS is Centos 4, additional than accd to Fujitsu, they do not encompass the compiled drivers for by means of the intention of specific kernel (at present would they sustain or maintain Centos distro).

Here you have to refer to the commands for your operating system. Go subsequent to the customary installation steps by means of the exceptions distinguished At the primary installation window, at the same time as the progress bar is shifting to the left (diminishing), press Alt previous to the timer expires. The communication, give pleasure to get your Driver to bring up to date Floppy Ready come into view at the substructure of the window. If you do not press the Alt key previous to the timer terminate; you determine to not be capable to utilize the driver disk. Insert the disk generated in x-ref and pursue the on-screen commands and the SuSE United 8.0 SP3 productively installation.

It seems not merely to run, additional than to permit x86_64 virtual apparatus on those servers. Most of them prepared RAID 1 as recommended and the system demonstrate by means of the intention of mirror as a single disk, additional than during XenServer installation it be familiar by means of together disks and asks which one be supposed to be utilized for installation. I recognize by means of the intention of XenServer is not sustained or maintained, additional than be supposed to not it observe a single disk. With the intention of would be the similar by means of additional operating systems or merely those by means of the intention of are not sustained or maintained. Is it in conclusion some software RAID by means of the intention of is supported merely on Windows.

When booting commencing the most recent version or description of "IBM ServeRAID-7e (Adaptec HostRAID) sustain or maintain CD", the ServeRAID Manager curriculum hangs on the splash display (immediately subsequent to the fraction when the IsoLinux initialize and the progress "bar" designate completed. I have comprised endeavor an earlier version or description of the sustain or maintain CD (7.10.18 (731) and it had no tribulation booting additional than it has not familiar several controller. In the HRAID.pdf troubleshooting subdivision, it designate by means of the intention of such symptoms might be caused by an out of date Controller BIOS. I have comprised to searched on IBM and Adaptec site and I tranquil have comprised and not found several bring up to date to the BIOS for the card and the firmware.