Thread: Can’t open file in system because of rundll32.exe

Can’t open file in system because of rundll32.exe

I want some help about the rundll32.exe file. I have a spyware but it apparently it detects rundll32.exe. I am not able to open any files but when I try to open file it allow me to open file but prompt to choose a program to open it. I have asked to my friend but he doesn’t have any ideas about this problem. I try to restore the system but not work as it requires a program to open. I have tried to run sfc/scannow command but the some problem occurs again, that say “choose the program you want to open this file”. I have computer that has Microsoft Windows xp and Vista operating system, has a processor of AMD ATHLON processor @2.9GHz and graphic card 512MB of GeForce. I want to tell you that I don’t have bootable CD. If you have suffered from this problem and has a solution for this kind of problem please give it to me, I need to know what the hell is happening to my system.

Re: Can’t open file in system because of rundll32.exe

This problem only arise in your system if you have deleted rundll32.exe file from the system or it is possible that it happen if this file get corrupted by any virus. To solve this kind of problem you have to reinstall the operating system again in your machine. This is the only solution which properly solves your problem. You don’t have bootable CD so just buy this CD from any store and install on your system. By my side I can give you only this solution, try it this might help you.

---- You can fix this problem by simply coping proper file means rundll32.exe file in the particular directory. Your system continuously tells you to open file with appropriate program if and only if your system is not recognizing any path for this file. Rundll32.exe file stores physically path for all file which is used to process that particular file. If this location is gone from the system then also you may face this problem. So as per my concern just reinstall the operating system would fix this problem.

You know what you cannot directly run the DLL files, this application are mostly used to run shared .dll files. This is sure that it is a original part of the Windows and don’t worry about this i.e. its not a threat. This kind of process normally stores under \Windows\System32\rundll32.exe. First make sure that this file is still existing in the location or not. If it not there then you have to reinstall the operating system or you can simply copy that file from other system and just copied into your system location, I hope this might help you to come out from this kind of mess.

Your may have to face this error because this error only occurs if the location path for the file is missing from the directory. Normally it stores in the \Windows\System32\rundll32.exe location, but there are so many possibility that your spyware might uses the same path name and same file name and but runs this file from other directory in order to confuse the user. You have this problem just scan your computer it delete all temporary file path which makes duplicate copy of the exe file. Try this solution and you might get your solution.

There are some kind of virus which directly attack on this rundll32.exe file. This file is playing very important role in your system because of this file your system only allow you to open file for the actual process. This file contain physical path for the system by which your system do operation means process as per command, if this file lost due to viruses your system will not recognize any file path for the process, so to resolve this kind of problem just reinstall your system or scan your computer with updated version, this solution surely help you to come out from this kind of mess.

Behind this problem there are so many reason which cause this type of error. If you have deleted this directory file bymistakly then also you might face this error, due to scan if your anti-virus found some virus on this file then it immediately delete that file which leads you to this error. Any of the application has a physical path for the process, if your system not found actual path then also your system may not allow you to run particular application. To solve this just scan your computer and get the better result, I hope you might satisfy by this solution.