Thread: Fedora Linux: Installing Adobe Flash Player 10 bit with Firefox 64-bit

Fedora Linux: Installing Adobe Flash Player 10 bit with Firefox 64-bit

Hello friends, I am unable to install the adobe flash player for Fedora Linux with the Firefox. I am trying to download flash player for Linux from adobe website but it won’t works in Fire fox .I then thought of downloading the zip file for it, but when i extracted it and found that it contained only 1 file within the Zip file with..So extension (shared object). I also have a watch in the post, from there some of them told to copy the file to plug-in directory. I pasted it, but it won’t help me out from my problem. I am still unable to find the setup approach to install the flash player. Flash videos works good in other browsers but it create the problem in the Firefox. I am totally frustrated what to do, please help what can I do now?

Re: Fedora Linux: Installing Adobe Flash Player 10 bit with Firefox 64-bit

Download the flash player from the Adobe page: download.macromedia.com/pub/. Actually it is the BETA software but it is the very stable software. After downloading it, extract the archive. You can try out this with either from a command-line or by browsing to the directory where you download the files. Copy the extracted file libflashplayer.so to the .mozilla/plugins directory of your home directory, typically /home/username/.mozilla/plugins where username is the name of the user you log on with. Exit the Firefox if you are running and then restart back the Firefox again. Type plugins in to the address bar. Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should be seeing something like the following:
    Shockwave Flash
    File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 10.0 d20
    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf Yes
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl Yes

The application nspluginwrapper may help you with your problem. it can run the 32- bit flash plug-in in to your 64- bit Firefox. Otherwise make use of the Gnash, which works well for the most of the stuff. On to my system I make use of the Gnash, my PC has the regular Flash-plugin. It really doesn’t have very much difference. Download the flash player from the abs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html web page.

It is possible to install the 32 bit Firefox because the recent versions of the Fedora have the other one in to the repository. I have been both using n combining 64 bit and Flash for about more than one year, it is being working without any problem. The major trick is nspluginwrapper. It is up until Fedora 8, nspluginwrapper has to be downloaded from the third party web site, but no problem it can also be installed from the Yum. In addition to flash, it will make other 32 bit plug-ins available to 64 bit Firefox such as the Real player, Macromedia and even java plug-ins.

You can also try to work it by manually installing Adobe Flash. Go to the adobe.com/go/getflashplayer web site and download it and select *.tar.gz to download. After downloading it extract the downloaded file and it will create the folder. Enter in to that folder and then execute flash player –installer. After it open the terminal and then type the following command in to the cmd by assuming that you have downloaded into your home directory. The code for it: cd/home/<username>/
    Tar –zvxf install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
    cd install_flash_player_10_linux
    /flashplayer-installer