Thread: No Drives Found issue on installing CentOS 5 with VMware

No Drives Found issue on installing CentOS 5 with VMware

I am trying to install the CentOS 5 by using the VMWare on my Macbook. I want to know that the where am I going wrong due to which I have came across one error which says that No Drives Found. I am just not getting it that what could be the problem and which space is this asking for? How can I solve this error, I want to install the CentOS 5 as soon as possible on this macbook.

Re: No Drives Found issue on installing CentOS 5 with VMware

possibly your hard drive might not be having an enough space to install this CenOS on your macbook due to which you are getting this error. I guess you should first check that what are the system requirements for this operating system to install on any laptop or macbook which might not be meeting with the current condition of your macbook. Most probably it is related to the free space where you are trying to install this operating system.

I think you have made mistake while disk allocation which might be showing such problems while installing the new operating system on your machine. I suggest you to check that the proper space has been allocated to the drive or not on which you are gonna install this operating system. Or it would be much better to reallocate the disk which won't be headache instead of checking about the same.

I have seen that the CentOS tests the CD in order to verify it and then it disconnects with the media. I guess this problem can be sorted out by going to the settings of the VMWare where you have to uncheck the Connected provided in front of the CD Rom and then try installing the Cent OS this time, I guess your error should have gone now.