Thread: Pausing a video makes the audio disappear on new Ubuntu

Pausing a video makes the audio disappear on new Ubuntu

I am having a desktop computer and recently I have installed new release of ubuntu . Along with that I have also installed VLC on my machine. I am facing a problem with alsa as the audio output module. Whenever I pause a video, then after resuming the video I am not able to hear any audio from it. Before I pause the video the audio is perfect. In order to come out of this problem I have to quit the VLC and need to run it again. Every time I pause the video I have to do the same thing. When make the use of the pulseaudio then I do not get this problem, but I cannot make the use of it as it produces bad sound. Does anyone have any solution regarding this problem? Please try to help me out. Any help regarding this problem will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Pausing a video makes the audio disappear on new Ubuntu

In order to get this problem being solved out, first you have to make sure that the pulseaudio is not running on your machine. Because there might be case that the pulseaudio is causing the problem. Install some other video player software on you system and then try to see whether you are getting the same problem or not. If it is working on the other player, then there is definitely problem with your VLC. Let me know the result what you get after doing this.

As you have mentioned that you are not getting this problem with the pulseaudio, but you are not able to use it as it is producing bad sound, so for this i will suggest you to make the use of pulseaudio and try to force the audio output rate up to the frequency of 192000Hz and on this frequency you will be able to get the normal sound from the pulseaudio. This is because even I am doing the same thing on my machine as I to make the use of pulseaudio. Try this out on your system and I hope that it will really help you out.

Even I was facing the same problem on my machine. After going through the above posts I have tried to set my audio output rate up to the frequency of 192000Hz as I am also making the use of pulseaudio audio output. I was successfully able to solve my issue and now I am able hear good sound even from the pulseaudio. I was really a very nice solution as it has solved my problem without wasting much time and efforts. For the help which you have provided tome I will like to thank you.

Thanks for the reply. As you have mentioned in the above post that I should stop the pulsaudio on my machine so it was actually running on my machine and have stopped it, but doing this does not makes any kind of difference to my problem. Then I tried the solution of setting the frequency to 192000 Hz, but even doing this did not helped me out. This problem is not making me frustrated as it is not getting solved out even after trying so many solutions. So if you have any other solution to get this problem solved out, then please help me out. Once again thanks for your help.