Thread: Migrate windows XP into windows 7 by using ZInstall

Migrate windows XP into windows 7 by using ZInstall

I am having a Dell computer with Windows XP environment, which is works fine. The main purpose of using the computer is for basic computation of daily works, as official and the other are like access internet and playing movies and some of the low level games in the computer, the problem is at yesterday my operating system is crashed in the computer, after that now I am doing all my works in the safe mode, basically for the official works and I decided to migrate that one into windows 7. I am having ZInstall in my computer, but having no idea how to use it for the migration. Is there anyone having any information regarding this? Any other information on this freely provide for me…

Re: Migrate windows XP into windows 7 by using ZInstall

Me and also some of my friends are has using this one for the migration from one windows version to other version. It is worked fine. It gives you a complete new machine before installing any version of window in your machine. Form everywhere I get positive feedback for Zinstall. Windows XP mode which is available in windows 7 Pro & Ultimate, which gives you the complete blank machine for the installation of new version in any machine. You just make sure you are going for the correct partition in your machine to install the windows 7. Also make sure that you are having sufficient free space in the hard disk drive for the installation of windows 7 environment. Because it takes more space then windows XP. If you don’t have sufficient space to install this one then either it might not be install or if install then creates problem during run the application.

Insert the windows 7 bootable DVD into the DVD ROM drive of your machine; reboot the machine after inserting the DVD. Then installation window of windows 7 will appear, choose the option install windows for the window. To install the windows 7 select the "Custom (Advanced)" installation option. It will ask you for the location where you willing to install the program, it means that the drive location. Select the primary drives or if you looking for dual boot the select the other drive which is having sufficient space to installation of the program. Select the partition of windows XP, means where you install XP earlier for the migration into windows 7. The installation process will start then; it will warn you for the movement of earlier version of windows file into the newly created file which is named as "Windows.Old". After the complete installation of windows 7 select the ZInstall application, select the migration scenario and click on GO option. Your machine is migrating into windows 7.

Just few days ago I had a migration of vista into windows 7 version, but this is I done form my old hard drive. I install the windows 7 from a old hard into a newly purchase hard drive, because the old drive is completely crashed in my machine. After that I did this process with the help of ZInstall application. I am just mentioning the process by which I did the process, if you are also tried to migrate your machine from the old hard drive then suggest you to follow the process. First I remove the crashed hard drive from my computer after shut down the machine. Insert the new hard drive into the proper place which is allocated for the hard drive, turn on the machine and insert the windows 7 DVD and again reboot the machine to install the windows version with bootable option. Once the complete installation of windows 7, connect the har4d drive into the machine and make sure it working with machine. The run the ZInstall application and select the option to migrate the windows XP into Windows 7.

I used this, it is fine. After using this application now the windows 7 and windows XP is running fine in my laptop. So you can use this, it will definitely run both the application smoothly. Some of the other features of this application are like, it is also useful to migrate the e-mail, documents, pictures etc. by using zinstall application you can able to transfer them from one windows environment to other one. By this you can also transfer the valuable software programs along with the all the information which you used in your XP environment. This is can be done at the time of migration or in later, suppose if you wish to access any program in the windows 7 from XP, then simply browse the program from XP and able to access this. Or at the beginning while you attempting the migration you can select the programs those you are willing to also use in windows 7 and migrate the environment with the selected option.