Thread: Processes in your Windows 7 machine

Processes in your Windows 7 machine

I own a Windows 7 in my desktop PC. I am aware about some its important features. I heard that there are several processes that are keep running in system. I don’t know exactly how many processes are running by default. I heard that there are options to disable the startup services or features. But I don’t know how to do it. Can anybody tell how will I disable it without much effort?

Re: Processes in your Windows 7 machine

I think there are nearly 32 to 33 processes are running on Windows 7 machine. When the system is idle, like when just the OS has installed at that time you get 29 to 30 processes may. I know that in Mac there is an easy option to disable some services. But I don’t have much idea about Windows computers.

I don’t know whether you may know it or not, there are no OS services on Windows 7. Only processes are running in those systems. The processes may vary when you install a new application which will open at startup. Launch Windows task manager to see what are the active processes running on your system.

The number of processes are depending on the machine. There is no lack in memory if these processes are keep running in your system. Also don’t bother about disable OS services. It will handle by the OS.If you really want to disable those services then launch windows task manager and see the active services. I think there might a option to end it.