Thread: Unable to install 64 Bit operating system on virtual PC

Unable to install 64 Bit operating system on virtual PC

I am having the virtual XP 32 Bit on my system and using it from almost five to six months. Actually I have installed the ubuntu installed on my system but sometimes I also use the windows XP that is the reason why I am using the virtual XP mode. Now the thing here is that I want to upgrade the same for windows 7 64 bit. I tried using it in the virtual mode but the installation failed. I am using the windows XP without any problems but unable to deal with this windows 7 version. I don’t what is wrong with it and why it is not running. Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Unable to install 64 Bit operating system on virtual PC

The first and the for most thing that you have to keep in mind is that if your system is not compatible for the 64 bit operating system than it will not allow the windows 7 to work on it. In this case I thing the compatibility issue is resisting you to install the windows 7. So before installing the operating system you have to make sure that your system configuration is compatible to the version of operating system you are trying to install.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that your system is not having the x86 virtualization. If you are not having this then you will not able to install multiple virtual operating systems. According to me in this you are lacking the same and that is you are not able to install the 64 bit windows 7. And if you really need windows 7 on your system then you have to make sure that the CPU is x86 enabled. I am sure that once you will do this then you will definitely able to use the windows 7 in the virtual mode.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem where I was not able to install the XP SP3 mode on my system. After troubleshooting a lot for this case I came to know that my VMware has cot corrupted and I am sure that you are also in the trapped in the similar kind of situation. Now if you want to get rid of this problem then you have to see whether the VMware that you are using is working fine or not. It is not working as it should then immediately update it with the latest and the updated version of the same. I hope that installing the updated VMware will help you to resolve all your problems.

According to me you can go with the VMWare ESX 3.5 software. It is the latest vmware software that enables you to use the virtual operating system. Here are some features of this software:
    • Expanded storage and networking choices such as support for SATA local storage and 10 Gig Ethernet.
    • Support for TCP Segment Offload and Jumbo frames reduce the CPU overhead associated with processing network I/O
    • Support for hardware nested page tables such as in processor assists for memory virtualization
    • Support for paravirtualized Linux guest operating systems enables higher levels of performance through virtualization-aware operating systems
    • Support for virtual machines with 64GB of RAM and physical machines with up to 128GB of memory

The link below helps you to download this software on your system. After downloading just install this one but make sure that you uninstall the current version which you are using on your system.
    http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/d...tructure_3/3_5