Thread: How to install operating system on sony vaio

How to install operating system on sony vaio

I am using a Sony Vaio laptop. My younger brother has deleted the partition where the Windows XP was installed. After that it is not working properly. Now I have to install another on that. I am thinking to install the XP or Windows 7 this time. My problem is that, .if I try to install Windows XP then it get stuck on 0% or it goes to 100 % and after that it fails. If I try to install the Windows 7 then it boots up with the DVD and when I click on the Install button then it shows me a error message that contains “Driver missing”. I am not able to install any of those. What may be the problem with it? If I turn on the laptop then it shows me error that cannot load the operating system. Please help.

Re: How to install operating system on sony vaio

How vital is it to obtain the information that is at this time on the disk. You will find that there are many software’s that is that can help you to recover the partition that is deleted. You will find these software’s for free on internet. I am sure that this will help you. There is a recovery partition in many of the laptops by Sony. I am not sure that it is there in your case. You can get access this partition by hitting the F10 or Alt-F10 when the system gets booted. It will help you recover your system to the same state as it was when you purchased that.

You ca n use the GParted live CD to partition and format the drive. To do that the most important thing is that you have to use the NTFS file system. At the boot time you will get many selection options for running the GParted. You can select any one of them depending on the hardware on your system. This is a program that has a simple graphi8cal user interface. It is very easy to check, create, copy, resize, remove, or delete any partition which is there on almost all models of the hard drive. You will be provided very easy on screen instructions to accomplish any task.

Do you use a CD or a DVD to install the operating system? How many partitions that you are able to see when you try to install the operating system. I think that you will be able to boot from the CD because you were capable of boot the Windows XP CD. You can try to burn the iso with Imgburn which is a freeware. I have used this software and I can say that this is the best software for burning the image files.

Your model is seems to be quite old. This is to some extent corresponding to the PCG-FXA36. How much RAM is there in your laptop? I think that it is not able to load the Windows 7 on it. As you told that you have installation CD for Windows XP. You can try one more time by hitting the F10 key continually when it shows you the Sony screen. There are more chances that this will do the work for /you and if that is still not able to help you then you can try the Gparted Live CD iso. This will not help you to restore the partition but you will be able to boot off of it and see the partitions. I always use this and every time it worked for me.

As you told that it is not able to load the files then there is no chance of installing the operating system. I think that you should try to repair the system. You will get one option that will repair the system. Just run the repair for once and after that you can try to format that drive. If you do this then you will be able to for amt the drive. I hope this will help you.

The only thing that I an suggest you for the time is to use the Mini Tool CD and using this delete all the partitions that are there on your system. After that make one partition for the entire drive and format with NTFS. Once you are done with this then you can boot with the xp cd and try to install that. You can also search for diagnostic tool for your drive manufacturer. This may solve the issue.