Thread: Cannot remove corrupt and unreadable file

Cannot remove corrupt and unreadable file

Hi all, I found that there are some files in my computer that I am not able to open. May be that files are corrupted or unreadable. I tried to delete that file but it was also not able to delete. I have not created these files. It gets created automatically and this is the first time I am seeing the files like this. Do you have any idea about these files and how can I remove that? If there is any software available to remove that then also tell me. I will appreciate any helpful suggestion.

Re: Cannot remove corrupt and unreadable file

Have you installed any antivirus software in your system? If yes then I would like to tell you that there are many antivirus software’s that creates such files in each hard drive partition of your computer. These files are used for antivirus scan process. If you feel that this is not a file created by antivirus then you can run the CHCKDSK on your system. It will scan each files in your system and if there is any corrupted file then it will take the action accordingly and report that back to you.

You can try to use the Error checking tool for checking the errors in the drive. This is the tool that comes with the operating system and is the best one to fix such bugs. It’s very simple to use it, just open my computer and right click on the drive which you want to check. Select the properties and tools. Select the Error checking and hit Check now. This will start scanning the drive and fixes any such errors.

You can use the ForceDel to fix this issue. This is the program that needs to be run using the command Window. Here are the steps that you have to follow to use that.
    1. Go to C: drive using the windows explorer and there you have to create a new folder and name this as Tools.
    2. Unzip the ForceDel into that folder. You can attach this program anywhere but you need to remember that because you have to navigate to this folder later.
    3. You have to know the full path of the folder where the files you would like to remove reside.
    4. Copy all in the Target field. If there is any data that is in the quote then you can copy the data without the quotes.
    5. This program can be run from the DOS command window. To open that, you have to press the Windows + R and in the small window that is popped up, you have to type CMD and press enter.
    6. Navigate to the folder where you have stored the ForceDel. If you put that in the tools as suggested in step 1 then you have to type type CD \Tools.
    7. In the CMD box, you have to type the ForceDel, add a space and after that you have to paste the location of the target file.

I wish this will solve the issue for you.

Have you tried to use the Unlocker software? If not then you must give a try to it. Just search for Unlocker on internet and I am sure that you will find it easily. This is a small file and can be downloaded within seconds. Download that file and install that to your computer. After that if you right click on any file or folder then you will be able to see another option called unlock. If there is any file or folder in your system that is not getting deleted then you can right click on that and select unlock. From menu appear after that you have to select delete If you want to delete that file or folder. This will remove that from your computer. This is the best software that I have seen ever and I am sure that it will solve the problem for you.

Many of the time I have seen that the files that are not getting deleted in the normal windows mode can be deleted in the safe mode. Have you tried this before? If not then just give a restart to your computer and keep on pressing the F8 key. This will open a new screen with one of the option as the Safe Mode. Select that by using the arrow on your keyboard and press enter. This will start the computer in safe mode and after that you can go to file that was not getting deleted. Try to delete that file. It will get deleted this time. If you are getting the problem here also then it may be some system file. Don’t delete that file. Just make that file hidden and check “Do not show hidden files and folder” from folder option.