Thread: How to install Windows 7 x64 in UEFI Mode?

How to install Windows 7 x64 in UEFI Mode?

Hi friends, my motherboard supports booting in the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) mode. Any know that how to install the windows 7 in UEFI mode? When I try it, it keeps on booting in to the legacy BIOS mode and after it; I have no idea how to install it in a native UEFI mode. However I had searched for many post who have installed their Windows 7 x64 in UEFI mode, but I am very afraid of some new problem may get arise that UEFI causes. I want to know yours experience while installing windows 7 x64 in UEFI mode, on motherboard which it supports. Please co-ordinate with me and provide the good and confirm solution for it. it should not rice other problem.

Re: How to install Windows 7 x64 in UEFI Mode?

First try to run the windows setup to install the Windows from the EFI boot entry on to the master computer. Make use of the EFI shell or make use of the Firmware’s boot from the file menu to launch the Windows boot loader of EFI on the installation disk. Also refer to your Firmware documentation to get the more information. With the help of the EFI shell, choose the device with the Windows installation Media and after it start the EFI boot application. assume that your DVD drive device is fc0, for that make use of the following command for the x64 based computers: Shell> Fs0:
    fs0:> \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI.it might solve your problem

Today most of the motherboard that are cost effective are still BIOS or MBR type. I really do not have the hard look but still I have not seen any of the UEFI motherboard readily available. I would only jump at the UEFI at this stage if I need greater then 2TB limit. At this time 1TB is big enough for me to backup. If your BIOS is working why you can’t flash it to the later version.

I am not very sure which UEFI mode version your motherboard supports. But is should have to be 2.0x. if it is try to disable all the boot devices that you have including Hard Disk and CD/DVD ROMs. Then Enable UEFI boot only, after it try to install Windows 7 x64 in UEFI mode. Make use of the F10 key to boot with the DVD ROM after disabling all the bootable devices. Also You may set it AHCI to on. UEFI boot code is required for the USB drive to be boot with UEFI. The Windows installation disc has it, but I am not sure whether your USB drive has it.