Thread: VPN in Windows Server 2008 Standard

VPN in Windows Server 2008 Standard

I have a server as you said the issue with the OSs Windows Server 2008 Std. I have installed the following things :
    • Policy and Access Services Network
    • File Services
    • Certificate Services Active Directory
    • Domain Services Active Directory
    • DNS server
    • IIS server
    • Terminal Services

The VPN is on Policy and Access Services Network, the only thing I've done is install it. I have 1 network card, so to make the configuration I gave the option to exit (bottom) laying, Custom and follow the steps. This I have done on a Windows 2003 server and it has worked flawlessly. The problem happens to me, when out of the office, try to connect, it connects but it says for a while "verifying user name and password" and stays there. User data and password are correct and the list of users in the user, the Frame tab is selected the option to allow access. However, also entering the domain name in the VPN connection from Windows XP also fails. Is it possible that win2k8 only allow access to the VPN from a Windows Vista? I hope someone will solve the doubt, already is the Windows 2008 something new etc.

Re: VPN in Windows Server 2008 Standard

I would like to tell you that Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol "SSTP" is only built into Windows Vista SP1, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7. Also I think your configuration is correct, I did the same, and like you I would throw this error, the point is you have to assign a fixed ip to the server, or at least use applications or services like no-ip or dyndns to thus it can be accessed from outside the network. I am sure that you will get some hint from this.

I was also having the similar problem, I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 and a network interface, I set the appropriate permissions for users and is marked in "verifying user name and password, as soon as it will share this information medium. I hope to be appropriate to support you on this issue. If you have activated dialing access VPN client, then you have to give permissions to "Remote Desktop Users" to your users. You do that in the active directory on your server. I've ridden a Vpn server 2008 and it works perfect with Vista and XP.

Virtual private networks (VPN) allow users working at home, on the road or at a branch office to connect in a secure manner "to a remote corporate server using du public internet. Vpn server or host computer that is a accepts vpn connections from vpn clients. A vpn server or host server nt/w2k can be a gold w2k/xp pro. Vpn client is a computer that initiates a vpn connection to a vpn server or host. A vpn client can be individual computer running year ms windows nt 4.0, windows 2000, 9x. Vpn clients can be any non-microsoft point-to-point tunneling protocol (pptp) client or layer two tunneling protocol (l2tp) client using ipsec.

By default, those computers run Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and that commence IPsec-secured communications no longer using IPsec NAT-T support to remote computers that take action to requests for IPsec-secured communication that are situated behind a network address translator. For the reason that the IPsec NAT-T works in Windows XP without service packs installed and Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1), you may experience unexpected results when you put a server behind a network address translator and then use IPsec NAT-T. Therefore, if you necessitate IPsec for communication, I suggest you use public IP addresses that for all that you can connect to servers unswervingly from the Internet. NAT is a widely-used technology enables That More Than One computer to share a single public IP address. Network address translators map private addresses (10.0.0.0 / 8, 172.16.0.0/12, and 192.168.0.0/16) That are used on private networks to public IP addresses That Are Used on the Internet.