Thread: Can I Install Service Pack 2 on Windows 7

Can I Install Vista Service Pack 2 on Windows 7

I have downloaded a new game Final fantasy XIVon my desktop computer running on Windows 7 home premium. But then when I started to install it on my computer, then its showing me an error that saying that “you have to install Vista service pack 2 for playing this game”. I was thinking that I order to install this game on my computer, can I install this service pack on my computer when I am operating windows 7. If yes then please tell me how to install it.
    Last edited by Charioteer; 19-11-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Re: Can I Install Service Pack 2 on Windows 7

I have search through your question I think that you can run Vista special Pack 2 on Windows 7 in compatibility mode. Using compatibility mode you can then run older program which are written for earlier version of windows. You can also run this program as an administrator. But I think when you use compatibility mode on system programs or on disk utilities then it might reason for security risk or loss of data.

I am not agreeing with above reply because I think even if you run Windows vista on compatibility mode then also you cannot play this game. I have tried this same thing on my machine but not work. Then I choose decision, to uninstall Windows 7 from my computer and install Vista service pack 2. Then after complete installation of Vista I can able to run this game. I will advise you the dame things to install Vista and remove Windows 7.

I am not agreeing above reply because you can run any games of Vista on windows 7 using compatibility mode. For running this game on your computer you have to do some setting for that right click on the game icon and choose the properties, then go to the compatibly tab and click on the “Run this program in compatibility mode for and click on the Windows Vista(SP2) from the given list. And then select apply, then click on OK to close the window. I hope this information may help you.

As far I know that, you can play Final Fantasy IV game on Windows 7 OS. I think that may be you are having advance configuration to play this game and also I have gone through specifications of this game. From that I conclude that you can flawlessly play this game on Window 7. I am gamer and I think might be you are missing some essential thing to run it. I think you should go through game specification for once, so that it might help you. If you are having other query then reply me.
    Last edited by windows_user; 19-11-2010 at 10:54 PM.