Thread: Drivers for Compaq CQ50-110US in Windows XP

Drivers for Compaq CQ50-110US in Windows XP

I have recently purchased Compaq Presario CQ50-110US laptop which has Windows vista as pre-installed operating system. But the problem is that I don’t want to use vista and want to downgrade from vista to windows XP. For that I want to have the instructions for making an installation CD/DVD for the downgrade, so if anyone have details that can help me to perform it please let me know. I am looking for the drivers for XP for my Compaq CQ50-110US.

Re: Drivers for Compaq CQ50-110US in Windows XP

Better solution for you to get the drivers for Compaq CQ50-110US from the official Microsoft they will defiantly provide you with all the required drivers for windows XP. You need to just download the the drivers from the site and then just install it in your system when you install windows xp in your laptop. I think this will work for you as you just need to download from the official site other than this you can have the drives from the authorized Compaq store in CD or DVD and use at the time of installation.

Yes i have downloaded the driver from the official website and installed in my system. It works really well and performance in regarding the speedthen i tell you its working very smooth. But still i am facing problem while working with freshly installed windows XP.
    • I am not able to use the built-in mic of system.
    • Wireless connection is working fine but the wireless button doesn’t turn blue.
    • The screen & audio doesn’t work after recovering from standby mode.

I am still not able to find the solution so if there is solution for such problems please let me know.

I think you have not done the installation properly for windows XP because the there is installation order is important when you perform installation. You might to carry out installation again and with proper mentioned order step by step which will be mentioned in official website. See after that you will able to resolve the issue regarding the problem which you are facing, i think the Mic issue will be regarding the setting which is performed for built-in Mic. I suggest you again go through the setting and related to the wireless connection i don't think you need to worry about the button as far as you are able to use it. That is best thing you can do if you are not able to perform any of the function.
    Last edited by void; 19-11-2010 at 10:14 PM.

I think you are not able to get the compatible drivers for your Compaq CQ50-110US as you are performing downgrade of operating system in your notebook. I think best thing you can do is that just contact to authorized Compaq service support and ask them to provide you with the drivers for your device in windows XP. I think that will surely work you as they will provide with drives which are there for your notebook under XP, after that your all problem will resolve regarding the built-in Mic and wireless connection button.