Thread: Unable to resolve Windows Genuine Virus

Unable to resolve Windows Genuine Virus

I am using a Lenovo laptop running on Windows 7 operating system. I am getting a notification again and again that is “This copy is not genuine”. But as I far I know that I am having genuine copy on my laptop. I have read about this on different site from that I come to know is that, it’s a kind of virus but I am not sure. If anyone having information on this then replies me. Any suggestions will appreciate. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Taanusiya; 19-11-2010 at 09:21 PM.

re: Unable to resolve Windows Genuine Virus

I search troughs this question and I think this could be happens because of annoying virus that effects your operating system. Many of people get this kind of virus, but this can be not verified by the Windows. I think that it is easy to remove this virus from your computer and for that you have to use advance antivirus software for this. So, that will help you to get rid of this.

You have to remove Windows Genuine Authentication from your tray icon to avoid it. You can remove it manually by going into the c drive. Open the c drive and go to the C:\WINDOWS\system32, look for WgaTray and WgaLogon.dll files rename them to the WgaTray-Globehex.exe and WgaLogon-Globehex.dll respectively. Then open the task manager and select the file called WgaTray.exe and click on the end process button and then click ok to close the task manager. Then restart you computer.

As far I know that, this problem can occur because of the infected “wgavn” file. The reason for this infected file could be the virus. I was getting similar kind of issues with my computer running on windows XP. I advise you to scan your computer for once and then check this file in Quarantine list and then delete it permanently from system. I hope this information may help you.

There one simplest ways to resolve this issues by just removing WGA notification. This notification comes on your computer every time and because of that you get notification in a fraction of times. This cause to delay the Windows log on process to resolve this issue you can use removing tool for this. The remove WGA Notification tools this use to remove it. I suggest you to install this tool on computer to get the rid of notifications. If you are having other query then replies me.