Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-11-2010

Problem in running shared executables using Embedded Linux uClibc

Hello friends, recently I have bootstrapped the GLIBC toolchain which I have been using for quite some time using the uClibc. The problem is that, after I have bootstrapped the Glibc toolchain , I can link and run static executables, but when I try to run a dynamically linked executable I get this error. :root@2WireBlockBuster /bin]# ./mount-sh: ./mount: not found
This was not the case earlier as I was able to run both of them smoothly without any problem. Can any one help me to know why is this happening and what can I do to overcome this problem. I want this problem to be solved as quickly as I can.
Old 18-11-2010

Re: Problem in running shared executables using Embedded Linux uClibc

Hey you have mentioned that you are able to run the statistically linked executables but not the dynamic executables so can you mention some information what exactly are you getting when you run the static exectuables. What is the behavior when you run the static executables , does it the same as the previous or there is something different. Also, what steps did you followed to bootstrapped the Glibc toolchain, and whether you have successfully done it or whether you have followed all the steps. This is a very hectic problem to be solved as we need to have all the minute details of the conversion. So can you provide with all the details so that we can help you in more reliable manner.
Old 18-11-2010

This is really a strange problem that you have come up with as this is the first time I am encountering this problem. Looking at the post, firstly i searched the web about the meaning of the things which you have mentioned like bootstrapped, glibc toolchain,uclibc and many more. After reading the information and understanding it I think that you have really messed up with your computer as this is reported to be a major issue.
I think may be for some reason your system only able to find file in the current directory that is the statically located files and not the dynamically located files. This is mostly because the path in the library file might have been misunderstood by the interpreter so I guess you ave to make the changes in the lib. file to help locate all the static as well as the dynamic files. I hope that you can understand what am I trying to say.
Old 18-11-2010

Hey all of you thanks for all your instant reply, I would like to give some more information about what it happens when I run a statically linked executable files.
  • [root@2WireBlockBuster /bin]# ./ldd mount
  • checking sub-depends for '/lib/libc.so.0'
  • ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x2aaa8000)
  • libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x00000000)
  • /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x00000000)
Now this behavior is exactly as it is supposed to be.Also this is what I have followed to bootstrapped the toolchains.
  • config-uClibc-bootstrap:
  • @echo "Configuring uClibc-bootstrap"
  • rm -rf $(BUILD_DIR)/uClibc-bootstrap
  • cp -a $(UCLIBC_DIR) $(BUILD_DIR)
  • mv $(BUILD_DIR)/$(UCLIBC_VER) $(BUILD_DIR)/uClibc-bootstrap
  • chmod +w -R $(BUILD_DIR)/uClibc-bootstrap
  • build-uClibc-bootstrap:
  • @echo "Building uClibc-bootstrap"
  • PATH="$(PATH):$(PREFIX)/bin"; export PATH; export SYSROOT; \
  • cd $(BUILD_DIR)/uClibc-bootstrap && \
  • make -j1
  • install-uClibc-bootstrap:
  • @echo "Installing uClibc-bootstrap"
  • PATH="$(PATH):$(PREFIX)/bin"; export PATH; \
  • cd $(BUILD_DIR)/uClibc-bootstrap && \
  • make PREFIX=$(SYSROOT) install
Considering this can any one tell me is this correct or have I missed any steps. Please, I want some instant reply as I would ant to get rid of the problem as quickly as possible.
Old 19-11-2010

Hey if try to run the dynamically executable files under strace you'll be able to see what files this executable tried to access. The strace is a debugging utility in Linux to monitor the system calls used by a program and all the signals it receives. By using this it will give you an idea about what files were not able to access by the executable. So first you must use this to recognize all the files that you want to access and then go for other options if it doesn?t works.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,