Thread: Windows XP: Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.169.21

Windows XP: Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.169.21

Hello friends
    There is something good and bad on to the Driver v1.169.21 such as based on the Force ware official drivers, added resolutions is not available on to the normal drivers and tweaked from somewhere. Added new D3D/OGL tweaks and removed obsolete ones. Removed all tools that was extra, only the drivers and the Nvidia control panel are included in it. I am having the Nvidia driver which was released currently and I am working very hard through certain web sites, some of the features won’t be available at this moment such as the laptop support. But not to worry laptop support will surely be back on to the next release of the Nvidia drivers, that depends on the how fast the Nvidia release their next WHQL set. any way How can we set color profiles for the applications or the games with the new Omegas?

Re: Windows XP: Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.169.21

I make use of this driver on my previous 9800 pro system. But the interface was slightly different as compared to the official releases. I had currently installed the latest omega drivers for my 8600GTS system. I think that the control panel and the other everything is exactly is very same as that of the previous official drivers. Even after clicking on to the “about” button, it does not mention about the OMEGA. So all of the improvement is not seen to the eyes. I will always prefer the Omega drivers to the proper one.

I also have the same drivers; I run the driver cleaner and the driver sweeper to clean my drivers. It is quite helpful to use it. After clean up I download for the all latest update for the drivers. Windows is not able to recognize which card I am using and also many other things when I try to do the automatic installation after reboot. After that I install the omega drivers perfectly clean. You may get more information on the Nvidia supports help.

I had some good tips for the drivers; the drivers can be installed and configured by upgrading the current drivers. Also if we changes from one series of drivers to the other driver, it recommend that make use of the uninstall previous drivers before upgrading the driver. It is usually done to prevent problems between driver series. Use the default settings for the drivers. If you trying to install the other quality drivers n to the Nividia, in to the Nvidia control Panel go to the Direct 3D settings, also Mip Map Detail will be blank, do not try to change it. If you try to change the extra detail level in D3D it will be gone only for the old drivers. Always make sure that you have the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard or your laptop installed and Dx9c, this will prevent compatibility issues and other problems in games.
    Last edited by Ekpah; 18-11-2010 at 03:30 AM.