Thread: Windows 7 has atikmdag.sys issues

Windows 7 has atikmdag.sys issues

I have the following problem in which first thing is that I use the Windows 7 (64) now for quite a while I have not encountered problems. Now I got upgraded hardware. I have retrofitted a new processor and more RAM. It appears like the loading screen of Windows 7, with the "wavering" Windows icon. Then there is the icon suddenly stops and the computer takes a lot to the hard disk. Will appear for a short time then a blue screen where the file "atikmdag.sys" is found. Then the computer reboots and all begins again. The message indicates the video card drivers from ATI. I have Mainboard of Asrock AliveXFire R3.0 and processor of AMD Athlon X2 6000+ and 2x2GB Ram. The problem only occurs when I have 4 GB of RAM in the system. With 1 GB, 2 GB and 3 GB it runs without any problems. Also, Win-XP will boot fine at 4 GB. I have already flashed the BIOS to version 3.30, without success. I also noticed that under Vista 64 already had a similar problem, Microsoft offered for the two patches, which have solved this problem. Is there anything similar for Windows 7?

Re: Windows 7 has atikmdag.sys issues

Here I think that the problem is in the board. This board is here fully only under XP64 4GB and more can use. In Vista64 (yes WIN7 based on the Vista core), this is not unfortunately and the chance of this BIOS or driver fix update is very low. In the past we have tried including of course with ATI. So if you want to fix this issue so you have to run this under the Vista 64 and it will surely work because it work in my case.

As far as I know that there is no patch released for the windows 7. I think the package KB929777 on Vista had to be installed to use memory above 3 GB. I have got this information from the official website and if you also want something more on this then you just go for that site “pc-experience” you just type this on Google and I hope you will get the link because I forget the link so I am not able to provide this but from this you can go to that site.

Thank you for your replies guys because I am also going through the same situation. So here I want to know that does anyone else have the same problem like me? I have seen on the internet that there is a problem with Nvidia species and other Boards. And that helped acuh other motherboards BIOS updates. I'm already on it but unfortunately the latest BIOS version. Well let's see whether the Asrock Support reports yet.

Hello friends, Currently I have installed Win7 Pro 64 and have exactly the same problem, but even if I have 4GB installed, and can say that it appears even with NVidia graphics cards. And the system which is I am using is Asrock ALiveDual R3.0 and graphic card of Nvidia 7950GT and I have AMD 5000 + processor Windows 7 Pro Final EN (x64) and I have 4GB of RAM. So would be nice if a solution would be found soon.

I have the same problem! With 4GB RAM it crashes when booting from a blue screen and restart.
    My system specifications are:
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Final
    A8N-SLI Premium A8N-SLI Premium
    AMD Opteron 185 2x2, 6GHz
    4x 1GB Corsair CMX1024-3500LLPRO
    GeForce 9800GX2
    Different memory timings and increased DRAM voltage to 2.85 V did not work. Thought it was up maybe, no, unfortunately. The newer BIOS versions are only beta. In the release notes is also none of the changes that can close the problem.