Thread: Not able to work with ZTE MF627 mobile broadband in Linux

Not able to work with ZTE MF627 mobile broadband in Linux

I am getting problem while connecting to internet using my ZTE MF627 usb modem. The things which am not able to get it that it used to work with Ubuntu 9.10 which I used to run in my system through Live CD, when I connected internet using ZTE MF627 it connected directly. But when I installed Ubuntu 9.10 into my system I was not able to connect to internet, so I am really upset about this and really looking for the solution for it as I want to connect to internet using my ZTE MF627 usb modem. If anybody know how this can be done please let me know.

Re: Not able to work with ZTE MF627 mobile broadband in Linux

The ZTE MF627 is an usb modem that facilitates you to join the 3G+/3G with the GPRS in one disc. You can also send data your usb device with speed of 4 mbps as well as well as you can accept data at a much superior speed of 7 mbps. It also comes with a SD card reader which is incorporated within it.
    You want to set up the ZTE MF627 modemfor that you need to follow below mentioned steps.
    You need to create a file /etc/udev/rules.d/90-zte.conf which contains the following:
    •ACTION!="add", GOTO="ZTE_End"
    •SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0031", SYSFS{idVendor}=="19d2", GOTO="ZTE_Modem"
    •GOTO="ZTE_End"
    •LABEL="ZTE_Modem"
    •RUN+="/sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x19d2 product=0x0031", MODE="660", GROUP="network"
    •LABEL="ZTE_End"

I think better you contact to Linux blog for your query as per my knowledge it should work with your Ubuntu 9.10 operating system. Because i too was facing similar kind of problem with usb modem when tried to connect with my Linux system then i just contact to manufacturer for the issue and they resolved my problem by performing some setting to my system. I think better you ask them to resolve your problem after which you will be able to connect to internet using your ZTE MF627 usb modem.

I think problem can be with internet setting that are performed in your system as you have installed Ubuntu 9.10. It might possible that after the operating system installation setting for internet was removed or set because of which ZTE MF627 mobile broadband is not able to connect to internet. I suggest you to go through the internet setting and if possible perform the setting again, if you are not able to perform that you can contact to the service support for the setting. I think after that you will be able to resolve your problem and will enjoy internet with ZTE MF627.