Thread: Problem with Intel GMA 4500 on Linux

Problem with Intel GMA 4500 on Linux

Hello friends can any one help me to sort out the issue, I really want to solve the issue as quickly as I can . I am having Debian linux on my computer system and is working very well without having any problem. Recently I have upgraded to Intel’s GMA 4500 and when I rebooted the computer system it gave me some error regarding the graphics card which I have installed. The error is related to some drivers as I am unable to find the respective river for it also the default installation doesn’t install the correct driver. So can any one help me to find how can I be able to sort this problem out.

Re: Problem with Intel GMA 4500 on Linux

The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator or the GMA is like an integrated graphics processor that is directly mounted on the motherboard. Thus this allows the motherboard for not requiring any further graphics card as it is always be required in cases like playing high quality games and seeing high definition graphics. In all it reduces the cost and power consumption of the CPU and thus make it more reliable for the users. Since it already comes attached to motherboard, I guess that it doesn’t requires any drivers to run. It can run directly on its own without the use of the drivers. But since you are having some problem then I guess that the GMA might have been defected and that the reason why it is showing this issue, so I request you to please show the motherboard to any f the technician to clear the problem.

Hey I guess that Intel hasn’t come up with any sort of drivers related to GMA 4500, as they are directly come with the motherboard. If you want to upgrade your computer system to include Intel’s GMA 4500, then I guess you have to buy a new motherboard that has a GMA graphics card mounted on it. So the hardware parts that are directly mounted on the motherboard doesn’t really requires some sort of drivers for running unlike we have to do when we insert an external hardware to the computer where we need drivers for running them. The things which comes directly attached with the motherboard has their functionality directly based on the motherboards programming. So it has to run it will run all alone.

Hey why don’t you use the testing version of the Debian operating system, I think the Debian which you are currently using on the system is disallowing the graphics card to load. The testing version might help you to sort out the issue as it clear your doubt of whether the intels GMA card is supported or not by the Debian. Also, the testing version of the Debian will automatically detect and select any kind of new hardware on the computer system. So if it fails to do this then I thinks that there is some problem with the GMA 4500 card and it needed to be replaced.

Hey even I am also facing the same problem but in a slightly different manner, I have a Intels GMA 4500 card installed on my motherboard and is working fine without any problem. However since I am having Windows operating system on one partition and ubuntu on the second partition, whenever I try to play the videos on my Windows it plays smoothly but when I try to play on the ubuntu operating system, It gives the error. Now what the problem exactly, is that the linux doesn’t support the GMA card or I require some driver to run the card. Please help me out to solve the issue

Hey what are the players you are using to run the videos on the ubuntu operating system. Linux doesn’t support any other kind of flash player with the hardware acceleration so that could be one of the possibility that you are facing the problem while playing the videos. However, you can use a open source Gnash player to run the videos as it is much more compatible with the linux operating system.