Thread: kx drivers and windows 7

kx drivers and windows 7

hi, I encompass sound blaster 5.1 live. I install fresh operating system windows 7 beta version as well as kx driver. system is extremely speed, stable as well as nuendo sx3 as of h20 workings very good however sound card works just stereo as well as kx mixer don't run .It gives error initializing winMM subsystem. If I run kxmixer.exe physically from program files. In compatibility mode for windows vista rtm, kx mixer it's run however don't properly at a standstill work only in stereo mode. Please help

Dr. V Guest

Re: kx drivers and windows 7

The kX drivers are at a standstill sorting out problem by means of Windows Vista - as well as I have doubts to a large extent attention will be placed on an operating system that is still in beta. I don’t guilt them either changes in Windows 7 may possibly break 'fixes' completed in kX, as well as could require to be done again.

I determined difficulty by means of mixer startup through changing path on the way to C:\Program Files\kX Audio Driver\3541\kxmixer --startup - by means of applied compability settings. I don't be familiar with why, the similar file on default path c:\windows\system32\ - not starting.As well as my soundblaster works very well however only in stereo mode I have a crisis in games, the majority sounds presently missing. I believe this because multichannel mode not working, however my game has just multichannel sound

Hello!I have trouble with kx3545b in windows 7 64 bit which I cannot setup speaker setting on the way to 4.1 or additional multichannel the system don't permit on the way to configure the settings.In Sound/playback I observe a lot of device. However the configure button is stopped as a result I cannot change speaker settings. I also attempt by means of additional kx driver(3541) however is same problem. Somebody have any good idea?

The most recent version of kx driver (3545b) is not good intended for windows 7, it sound distortion subsequent to using for a moment as well as the master volume on windows mixer cannot work beneath 3545b, as a result I attempt supplementary version plus found out that kx 3541 is the most excellent intended for it . No distortion as well as still windows mixer can control it.

I would suggest you to try this on the way to make the kx mixer work this way below.

1. Cancel the startup of kx mixer.
    2. Create a shortcut of kx mixer in the install folder on the way to the desktop as well as right click to select the compatibility option.
    3. Select the first option listed.
    4. Select Vista or windows XP, I select Vista, it works very well.
    5. OK, save the setting furthermore the kx mixer is working.