Thread: On my system startup sendmail and sm-client work slow

On my system startup sendmail and sm-client work slow

When I start it is really extremely slowly. Do I have encompassed to revolutionize anything in /etc/hosts file. What be supposed to hosts file accurately give the impression of being similar to. I would approximating to revolutionize my notebook's hostname additional than it is causing a weird troubles. Each time I revolutionize it utilizing the network configuration tool and reboot, send mail takes approximately 3-4 minutes to start, and so does sm-client. When I set it reverse to the defaulting localhost.localdomain, obsession run out extremely well. Additional than I desire a dissimilar name for this apparatus and would approximating to change it. Be able to anyone tell me what the predicament is. Under hosts, in the network tool, I in addition added <newname> (under hostname) as 127.0.0.1 by means of alias localhost, additional than even by means of the intention of did not solve the predicament. Be supposed to I bump up the debug level in my sendmail config to observe if I be able to get some additional information in sequence. I do not have encompassed several idea what causing this. I need some help here.

Re: On my system startup sendmail and sm-client work slow

I this you have determines to register the loopback apparatus of 127.0.0.1 also. It has nothing to do by means of loading times of programs similar to sendmail. The predicament determine to be solved, you immediately had do add 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost to /etc/hosts! My redhat 9 inaugurated on an assortment of PCs are extremely sluggish to start sendmail & sm-client services throughout bootup. I ended up put out of action them commencing starting up. Does anybody be familiar by means of how to speed them up. On one occasion sendmail is configured it is speedy, unless you are working with an email server you do not necessitate it. Numerous desktop and laptop users do not necessitate or utilize it., other than if you are interested then visit; I faced this predicament once and it is resolved on one occasion I position the hostname entry in /etc/hosts file along by means of the system IP. The predicament was happening due to incorrect hostname declaration.

Additional than they essentially do give OK and comprehensive. I have encompassed 5 additional systems by means of the intention of have comprised the extremely similar Linux software additional than, they just pass from side to side these message's and do not stop at the entire. So does anybody have comprised comment's or idea's what I might encompass setting incorrect or why it takes so long to comprehensive these two steps at boot time. Got an innovative predicament 12 workstations, the entire having the similar tribulations. Immediately extremely slow to startup one day, nothing has changed. They seem to be suspended primarily on sendmail and sm-client startup. Additional than the whole startup procedure has become lengthy. The entire workstations are working moreover Redhat 8 or 9 by means of Ximian Desktop inaugurated.

I have comprised a number of services originated being activated by defaulting with the intention of be supposed to be eliminated for the subsequent reasons. Sendmail starts method too sluggish, Sendmail startup is supposed to merely be slow if your dns is broken or you have encompassed and eliminated the localhost entry commencing your hosts file. Moreover of those requirements to be fixed anyway. The sluggish part is the aliases invention. Anybody not utilizing their apparatus as a mail server actually does not necessitate sendmail ;( ("slow" is relative, for me, no matter which taking additional than 0.5 seconds is sluggish) So waiting throughout bootup for 2 minutes for sendmail to give the impression of being up it's have possession of {non-existent} ip address inside a nat network, then an additional minute for sm-client to do the similar would not be suitable to you then.

I did a lot of search and did not observe no matter which approximating this mentioned yet. I had become aware of the additional day by means of the intention of when my apparatus booted, sendmail and > sm-client take an extremely long time (regarding 3 minutes) to start. Tests > by means of a booted system demonstrate by means of the intention of it is not immediately occurring on boot. They > immediately take by means of the intention of long to start. I have comprised and completed some investigation. If you are compliant email for a domain then it would assist if you encompass the completely qualified domain name set in /etc/sysconfig/network and by means of the intention of name resolves via dns or at smallest amount is listed by means of an ip address in /etc/hosts.

The host name of this apparatus is "desk". I might immediately put out of action sendmail, additional than, shucks, by means of the intention of no fun, and it defeats a number of the effectiveness of smartd (for the reason with the intention of sendmail be obliged to be up for smartd to send mail to root). Why capacity sendmail get perplexed at this point. That is it sendmail necessitate by means of the intention of the result of "hostname" be a completely qualified domain name to start minimally. For shared printers, the printer queue possibly determine to necessitate to be edited as well. I observe users position this in excess of and over "sendmail hangs" or "sendmail takes everlastingly to load"the predicament is by means of the intention of sendmail is giving the consciousness of being for a FQDN, and it is almost certainly finding your hostname previous to localhost and localhost.localdomain your host file entry be supposed to encompass your simple hostname subsequent to the supplementary /etc/hostsI've literally revolutionize nothing on a server I immediately installed/setup for a customer, additional than for whatever explanation.