Thread: USB Drive is not mounting on Linux

USB Drive is not mounting on Linux

I am running unbuntu on my system. To perform read and write function on USB drive I want to mount my CMDDrive. But I am not able to mount that. It was working fine before that. I have tried lots of thing but no any method help to fix my problem. I am very tense. Is thet my USB get corrupted?? I don’t know what to do next. So please help me to solve my problem.

Re: USB Drive is not mounting on Linux

I read your problem and I think you don’t need to be that much panic. Normally while using Ubuntu any hard drive get connect automatically. But some time it not works properly. To get through this problem you have to just follow the following steps.
    1. First you have to open the terminal after that Applications and then Accessories.
    2. Install thunar with the code. General thunar is used when there is some error is occurred.
    3. After that you will be asked for you system password. Here thunar makes the next step easier as it is lightweight filesystem browser.
    4. Then simply attach the USB drive. After that drive should automatically get mount. If the driver is not get mount and some error message prom then thunar come in picture and solve that problem.
    5. After that you just have to open the terminal and have to write the these code:“sudo thunar”
    6. After this you have to enter your system password. Then after entering your system password a small browser should appear on your screen. In this procedure don't close the terminal.
    7. After that you will able to see driver list which have been connected to the system. Now click on your drive that is listed in the drives list. This will listed on the left of the browser window. This will help you to cause your drive to be automatically mounted.

To solve your issue you can follow the following steps.
    First insert the USB drive in the USB into the USB port. It not matter at which port you insert USB drive. At the same time you can add 2-3 USB ports. In this case the first post will assign as the name /dev/sad1 and the next one is assign as /dev/sad2. This process is continue.
    For checking the USB drive is detected just by the following code:
    CODE:
    Code:
    # lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 007: ID 0457:0151 Silicon Integrated Systems Corp. Super Flash 1GB Flash Drive
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8086:1120 Intel Corp.
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    In the above code it is shows that the memory stick has been detected as Super Flash 1 GB Flash drive.
    Then you have to mount the device in desired location as you want.I hope this will work for you.

I think this may be your USB port errors. While connection USB drive to USB port make sure that your USB port is woking. If you just want to read files from the drive then you can just pull the drive from the slot when you are done. And if you want to write files to the drive you need to unmount the drive when you are done. You can perform this task just by trying to use the following command
    Code:
    $ sudo umount /media/KINGSTON
    OR If still you are not done with this then just right-clicking on the drive’s icon in the list on the left side of the window and selecting “Unmount,”
    And if you want to access that USB drive from a command line in a terminal window, you just have to type
    Code:
    $ ls /media

I have read your query and also I have read all the replies mention above. Still if the above one procedure not able to help you to solve your issue then maybe it’s your USB drive problem. But first can you tell me is that your USB drive working in the Windows Operating System? If it is running on Windows then format it, but before format just make the backup of the all files in case it is more important. After formatting the drive check that drive on the Operating System. I hope this information will fix your issue.

Thank you for all of you for your kind information. It is really help me to fix my issue. I have try all the above mansion procedure. But eventually it’s my USB driver issue. I have formatted it on the Windows Operating System and now it is working on my Operating System.