Thread: Linux Fedora: how to transfer file via Bluetooth from mobile phone?

Linux Fedora: how to transfer file via Bluetooth from mobile phone?

I was tried t connect my mobile phone POKY with Compaq laptop which is running under the Linux Fedora environment by using the blue tooth. I tried to send a file also a message file into the machine but, failed to send this. It shows that the message did not receive the reply after sending the file into the PC. After click on the send option the remote device shows me the connection lost message. I thought that, the problem might be occurred for the not availability of the obex data server also it might be not configured with the registry of the remote device. I do not want to change the blue tooth configuration. Any idea on this issue?
    Last edited by Mettalica; 16-11-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Re: Linux Fedora: how to transfer file via Bluetooth?

Did you pair the devices? It might be for mot making pairing between them. I am telling this one because I had also the similar issue, after that I found this is problem for occurring the problem in my mobile and the computer. For pairing both of them switch on the Bluetooth interface of both the devices. Then search a device Bluetooth interface from the other one. After detecting the device name go to the pairing option. It will require you to insert a particular number or the combination of more than one number to make the pair. Insert the number in both the device and click on pair. After I hope you will not get that kind of problem.

Re: Linux Fedora: how to transfer file via Bluetooth?

I had a solution which is for the pairing between the Blackberry and the computer. Few months ago I had also the exact problem with my Blackberry, after that I found the solution which is works fine, I would like to suggest you to follow up the process this might be helps you to configure the POKY with your Linux machine. on the mobile phone go to the Bluetooth Options under Manage Connections and click on add device option. Select the name of the devices from the listed name of the devices. It will ask you for the passkey provide that one and click on OK. Also insert the same passkey into the computer, after that a window will appear in the computer screen which will show that configure the Mobile phone to receive the file.

Re: Linux Fedora: how to transfer file via Bluetooth from mobile phone?

I think the problem is should be in your computer, not in the mobile phone where you are trying to configure the mobile phone for sending and receiving files via Bluetooth. I recommend you to reconfigure the Bluetooth device with the computer by the following process. Type bthprops.cpl and insert into the run command prompt. The Bluetooth configuration window will open after execute the command. Click on ADD option, it will search the device whose Bluetooth is turned on. Switch on the mobile Bluetooth before search it in the computer. Click on the option which is as “My device is set up and ready to be found” select that option and click on next. After discovering the Bluetooth device name in the Bluetooth wizard, select the name of the Bluetooth and click on next, it will very easily add this device into the Bluetooth wizard of the computer.