Thread: How to boot the system with Linux

How to boot the system with Linux

Hi,
    I need help regarding to boot the system which I am using. I have a laptop from Acer which has a linux operating system on it and also has a fedora 8 to it. I think I have screwed my laptop up I need help please! I think I have screwed my laptop up. Actually I was installing the latest version fedora 9 on it but I have hit a problem that my screen goes black even I have my laptops power off button is on. I don’t know what is the reason why it is happening to the system Please suggest me to get the solution for this problem of getting black screen.

Re: How to boot the system with Linux

As you have installed the fedora 9 to the system so I want to know that is from the live CD or you have downloaded the software from the net. If you have downloaded the software which you have installed in the system I think that may be corrupted that is why installation leads you to get the black screen laptop. Try to reinstall the software again.

No I didn’t use any live CD to install the fedora 9 to the system what I have done exactly I am giving you a full description below:
    • First I have downloaded the software from the internet.
    • Then I have unzipped the file which I have downloaded to the system and stored it to the USB drive
    • Then I started the system and plugged the USB to it for booting but the system isn’t boot and shows the message which was something like unable USB partition.
    • After doing all this when I have started the system I found my laptop screen goes black.

I am not sure that it will help you but I think you should try doing this and also let me know if you are getting any error after doing this. I would like to suggest you to remove the battery and then connect it to the adopter and the again reboot the laptop and see if this works and your laptops screen get started again or not. I hope this will help you to get the solution.

I think as you have installed the Linux using a zip file which you have installed from the net may be corrupted and I would like to suggest you to use the pen drive Linux to simply set up your preferred Linux operating system on a flash drive or USB key no bigger than your thumb. Your moveable Linux operating system can after that be in use with you, andwork from every computer that can boot from the USB flash tool. carry your whole operating system, desktop, applications, folders, email, individual settings, favorites, games and other things with you. It’s your individual private operating system you can take in your pocket.