Thread: dcf file format with ubuntu

dcf file format with ubuntu

I recently i bought a Nokia 5800 xpress music mobile phone. There is a pre installed music files i have in my new mobile phone which are in the dcf format. I want to transferred these files to my laptop. I am using ubuntu operating system. But when I tried to play that dcf format files most of the media players were showing message "unrecognized format". Is there any media player in ubuntu which can play dcf files ? Can I convert dcf files into other well known file format? What i have to do to solve this problem? Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: dcf file format with ubuntu

DCF file extension is a type of DRM(Digital Rights Management) Content Format, which is mostly use by a few cell phone to defend copyright of digital files, such as sound clips, images, videos, and other media clips, because it uses definite encryption to perform as DRM copy-protection. Memory Stick File Rescue software is used to restores deleted files folders from formatted thumb drive and get back deleted word, excel, power point, access documents from corrupted memory stick. The software can support these formats: JPEG, JPG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, DOC, XLS, MDB, PPT and TXT.

There are some converter which are use to Edit and Convert DCF Files. With the help of this converter you can Edit and Convert the file format of your dcf files.

List of converter for Edit & Convert DCF Files are as follows:-

• Plato Video Converter
      Powerful video conversion program
    • Plato Zune DVD Converter
      Convert any dvd to zune video files.
    • AVOne MP3 Ringtone Converter
      Batch convert all audio to mmf, amr and mp3.
    • Replay Converter
      Instantly Convert 44 Audio/Video file formats
    • Music Xpert Audio Converter
      Music Xpert Audio Converter - Convert between MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, encode/decode audio files

Primus-DCF is open source and freesoftware that allows Engineers, Architects, Surveyors and building contractors to simply generate bills of quantities and estimates for the building industry during a especially user-friendly edge. DCF (Document Computation Format) format can be customized for free credit to Primus.