Thread: I am looking for English dictionary for Mandriva

I am looking for English dictionary for Mandriva

I necessitate an English dictionary to investigate meaning of words. I have comprised and completed google searches as well as searched this discussion additional than were unsuccessful in finding one. I am endeavouring to locate and install an offline dictionary i.e. it be supposed to run even if there is no internet correlation. It is supposed to not be online dictionary. Anticipate a number of you might come up by means of a number of solutions. I utilize dict, its attractive handy, although it is dependent on a net correlation. I seem to remember you are able to get Princeton's word net database, so you might get by means of the intention of and endeavour and build me my own solution I need some suggestion here.

Re: I am looking for English dictionary for Mandriva

Well I am utilizing KDE 4 desktop situation so might not inaugurate gnome dictionary. As well being innovative to Mandriva Linux, I do not be familiar by means of how to install things the hardway. You realise you be able to utilize Gnome programs in KDE and KDE programs in Gnome. I deduction you had misunderstood me. I supposed clearly by means of the intention of "I do not be familiar by means of how to inaugurate things the hardway"; I had for no reason said by means of the intention of " I do not desire to do the things the hardway Back when I utilize Mandrake 7.1 I transformed Debian packages or got rpms commencing rpmfind.net additional than it was complicated to create it run dependably. Is there a repo by means of the intention of include dict and dict server/dictionary packages in recent times I presently become aware of by means of the intention of whenever I endeavour to dump something into the trash it tells me to vacant it first.

I tranquil would approximating to locate out if this is a bug or somewhat wrong by means of my 2010 version or description. Probably one of the many updates did it for the reason with the intention of I do not recall it being by means of the intention of method when it was first installed. Endeavour opening the trash be able to and eliminating the contents (if several) physically. I chequered, and my trashcan widget (situated on my task bar) runs as accepted here. I utilize KDE-4.4.2 (the version or description by means of the intention of determine to release by means of Mandriva 2010.1, and my familiarity might be different commencing yours if you utilize KDE-4.3.2, (the version or description shipped by means of Mandriva 2010.0). If you not be able to locate a fix for your tribulations, you might desire to go to a KDE mirror near your geographical location and get the newer version.

The Mandriva Linux on 2010 is obtainable in three versions: One, Powerpack and complimentary or free, for architectures i586 and x86-64. One and Free be capable of be free downloaded commencing official Mandriva mirrors and via BitTorrent. To download these versions or descriptions. A Community adaptation (community sustained or maintained) based on Xfce of the One version determine to in addition be obtainable. You be able to in addition download unswervingly via BitTorrent commencing this page. The Powerpack version is a commercial description obtainable on the Mandriva Store site. For additional information in sequence on differences connecting versions Mandriva Linux is interpret in regarding 70 dissimilar languages.

For this the Localization of the Mandriva Linux tools is necessary for extensive acceptance of Linux on the desktop. On the other hand it goes beyond translating communication word-for-word. You determine to desire to stay as consistent as probable by means of the translations for GNOME, KDE, GNU etc. In addition there possibly determine to be style guides obtainable for translating system texts into your language. The Mandriva tools translations. You have comprised to utilize SVN to translate : observe Subversion for translators Mandriva district newsletter conversion. Maintained by Adam Williamson Mandriva's certification project in addition. Mandriva most important website translations. Utilize the weblocales contact appearance to get in touch with Mandriva Webmasters.

When not utilizing the proprietary fglrx driver, the desktop presentation might be underprivileged on laptops by means of ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 Hybrid X2 (for illustration Acer Travelmate 5530G). The tribulations are able to be mitigated moreover by switching to the proprietary driver or facilitate KMS. To switch to the proprietary driver, choose your card in Mandriva Control Center after that go to the Hardware and then to the Set up the graphical server > Graphics Card, then choose Yes when asked whether to utilize the proprietary driver for your card. If you do not aspiration or not be able to utilize the proprietary driver, you be able to facilitate KMS of the free driver by subsequent instructions on the KMS page. You be obliged to replace 01:00.0 by the ID of your graphic card you encompass acquire utilizing the first command. After doing the entire you have to restart your system, then go into the Desktop subdivision of the KDE Control Panel and facilitate the graphic consequence for your desktop. Subsequent to this manipulation, graphic increase of velocity and desktop effects be supposed to stay enabled each time you start your system.