Thread: Ubuntu:Unable to boot into GUI

Ubuntu:Unable to boot into GUI

Hi friends, I have being using the Ubuntu as the operating system in to my computer. Each and every thing was working fine as far as the booting is concerned in to the Ubuntu Graphic User Interface that is GUI was also good. But when the update manger appears to me with new updates, I was then unable to restart Ubuntu into the GUI after the installation of the Update manager. My system is not working now.Now what could I do to start it? Please need some help

Re: Ubuntu:Unable to boot into GUI

I do have the very same problem, have you checked the permission in the directory /home/notig. First check it whether who has owned it. I had found my files and the folders in the /home directory which was owned by the root itself. What you do is give away these files/folders back to the user. It has worked for me. Hope it will also work for you. Or I think that you would have certainly changed the permission of some important files and directories that you should not have to do it. Also not forget to check the group ownership of those name.

Try to restore the options in to the Grub menu on boot. Also try out this with the Kernel to restore it. If you can post the "fdisk -l" after going in to the bootable CD then it may help you out from your problem. If you can’t post it then it won’t help you out. If both the kernels are corrupted then you may have to reinstall altogether, just over write them with a new copy and fix the issue.

Hi, not to worry about it, try to start your system under run level 1 that is at the single user mode without any network connection. You can do it by going to the grub prompt. Press after highlighting on to the Linux option and then after it press spacebar at the end of the line and then press 1 and finally press b to boot. You have now entered in to your system on the single user mode. Hope this will sort out your problem. Best of luck!

Try start the system either in to the recovery mode or if you get to the terminal login on to the normal boot, login and then type: sudo dpkg-reconfigure –phigh xsever-xorg. This code may get you at least a working to GUI. Also you probably switch to the different video drivers. Check for the restricted drivers. In to the system>administration>restricted drivers and then check whether there is the video drivers. If so, then enable it and restart X. if still that doesn’t work then we should need to have the more information to debug your system.