Thread: Unable to boot Ubuntu after new Motherboard Installation

Unable to boot Ubuntu after new Motherboard Installation

Hello friends, I had done the replacement of my motherboard. But I am unable have the Ubuntu back. I had switched from an AGP motherboard to the PCI, and also switched from AMD processor to Intel processor. Except sound card, hard drive and also DVD-ROM I replaced all the parts of the CPU. I am unable to get back my Ubuntu. It throws me the error message when I start to boot into Ubuntu. It also shows me the error message when I try to boot from recovery mode or the LiveCD. Is there any way to get back the Ubuntu or should I have to reinstall it once again on to my system.

Re: Unable to boot Ubuntu after new Motherboard Installation

My suggestion to you is to edit the grub line. Press e button while you can still select it in Grub. Make sure that on the line which starts with the kernel, there it should not display or list the word “quiet”. After it happens press the esc key and then type b to boot. It will now show you the splash screen while booting so you can see clearly see that where it’s hanging.

Try out this instruction as I said; first install Ubuntu with the help of the alternate installation CD. Secondly after you finish the installation your xserver will crash. Thirdly now you will be able to boot it in the recovery mode with the help of the Grub Menu. As soon as you turn back your computer, it will straight away to the command line. In the command line you need to type dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg. After it then select the “vesa” driver. if you are unable to know the answer of the question press ENTER key. Finally type reboot now your xserver should work fine. With the help of the Alternate CD you may get it.This will help to install the Ubuntu back.

Don’t better upgrade by booting with the help of the Alternate CD. It will better for you to upgrade by booting in to your regular installation and after insert the alternate CD. Now from the web site of the Ubuntu: upgrade using the alternate CD/DVD. Make use of this method if the system being upgraded is not connected to the internet. With the help of it, download and burn the alternate installation CD. After it insert CD in to your CD-ROM. Now it will show you the dialog box on the screen offering you the opportunity to upgrade with the CD. Now follow the on screen instructions. For any of the reason if the upgrade dialog is not displayed, you may also run the following command using the Alt+F2 “sh /cdrom/cdromupgrade”. Or in the Kubuntu run the following command with the help of the Alt+F2 keys "sh /cdrom/cdromupgrade". This will somewhat help you to get the Ubuntu.

While you installed the new motherboard, you should run the Basic Input/output System (BIOS) set up which has came with the new mother board. Also check whether you have the latest BIOS system. After that try the liveCD. You won’t be able to start from the hard disk until and unless you reinstall the Operating System. The changes done to the mother board is not within the parameters of the Operating System.