Thread: Show Hidden default power plans on taskbar?(W7)

question Show Hidden default power plans on taskbar?(W7)

Hi everyone. First of all, I'd like to apologize should I be posting in the incorrect section. Here's my question:

I own a laptop and I have just upgraded from Vista to 7. In Vista I could easily switch between my 2 favorite Power plans, "High performance" and "power saver", However after the upgrade, I can only see the options "High performance" and "Balanced"
    See image for what I mean: http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/739/ppdhe.jpg

How can I switch the "balanced" to "power saver"? Forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this but I have searched other threads and the answers seem confusing

Any Assistance shall be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Raficoo.

Re: Show Hidden default power plans on taskbar?(W7)

Open the battery meter, located in the notification area on the taskbar. Click the battery icon , and then select one of the three power plans that appear on the battery meter:

• Balanced. Balances energy conservation with performance
    • Power saver. Conserves energy
    • High performance. Maximizes system performance

Your computer manufacturer might provide additional plans and might customize the battery meter.

To select a power plan in Power Options in Control Panel
    1. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Power Options.
    2. On the Select a power plan page, select a power plan.

Some of the custom plans from the computer manufacturer might also appear by default on the battery meter on a mobile PC, or as one of the preferred plans on a desktop computer.

[QUOTE=james_911;5114778]Open the battery meter, located in the notification area on the taskbar. Click the battery icon , and then select one of the three power plans that appear on the battery meter:

• Balanced. Balances energy conservation with performance
    • Power saver. Conserves energy
    • High performance. Maximizes system performance

Thank you for the reply, but that is the problem

I only have "Balanced" and "High performance" but to get "Power saver" I must click "More power options" and I'm trying to learn how to save time

Instead of this , I want it to look like this(Edited by Paint) so that I can switch between them fast

Sorry if I am bothering anyone, but I just need an answer to a simple question

You can create your own plan and customize it to suit your needs. For example, if you frequently use a laptop to give presentations, you can create a plan that keeps the display turned on during the presentations and ensures that your computer stays awake.

Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.

In the left pane, click Create a power plan.

On the Create a power plan page, select the plan that's closest to the type of plan that you want to create.

In the Plan name box, type a name for the plan, such as "Giving a presentation," and then click Next.

On the Change settings for the plan page, choose the display and sleep settings that you want to use when your computer is running on battery and when it's plugged in.

To keep your display turned on during presentations

Change the Turn off display after setting to Never for both On battery and Plugged in.

To keep your laptop awake during presentations

Change the Put the computer to sleep setting to Never for both On battery and Plugged in.

Click Create.

If you're using a laptop, your plan appears under Plans shown on the battery meter. If you're using a desktop computer, your plan appears under Preferred plans. The plan that you based your new plan on is moved, and appears under Additional plans.