Thread: Is 2GB RAM enough for Windows 7 Operating System

Is 2GB RAM enough for Windows 7 Operating System

I am currently using a laptop running Windows XP operating system. I am now planning to upgrade by system. So I am looking to install windows 7 operating system on my machine and along with that I am also looking to upgrade my RAM. I have decided to go with the 2 GB RAM. Can anyone tell me that will 2 GB RAM perform well with windows 7 or should I go for the higher capacity RAM? If you have any idea related with this topic, then try to help me out. Thanks.

Re: Is 2GB RAM enough for Windows 7 Operating System

I am using 1.5 GB RAM for running windows 7 OS on my system. And I would like to tell you that it is working quite well and on top of that I am using 2 hard drives in my machine, though I do not have any problem related with the performance of my machine. I am using it from the last 6 months and till now have not faced any issue. So I will recommend you to go for the 2 GB ram. Hope have helped you.

I will like to tell you one thing that, the performance of the system just not only depends upon the RAM, it also depends on the processor, operating system, etc. So if you are looking for the good performance of the system, so I will advise you to also upgrade your processor along with RAM. Lastly talking about 2 GB RAM; i want to tell you that it is quite enough for running the windows 7 OS.

I think there should not be any kind of performance issue while running windows 7 with 2 GB RAM. Because I am just using 1 GB RAM along with windows7 from the last I year and I am running it quite well. At the beginning it just takes few minutes extra to start up, but once it is started, then it works fine without any -problem and you are looking to upgrade it to 2 GB, so you should not face even that problem of slow start-up. I think this will help you out.

I have referred all the replies and all of them were good. After going through all the replies i have decide to go for the 2 GB RAM with windows 7 for my system. It was really a wonderful help from you all, so finally I would like to give my thanks to all those who have tried to help me out and even for spending your precious time in giving me the reply.
    Last edited by Jay Scott; 15-11-2010 at 05:13 PM.