Thread: Safari: PDF file not opening

Safari: PDF file not opening

Using the safari browser in the MAC OSX compatible apple computer. basically use the internet service with the official network. The problem is not able to open the PDF document in the safari browser. I encounter this problem while I tried to download the file from my mail box. Also I found that it is not download the PDF file from the other web sites, the error is occurred with the message which is looked like the file that you download is not supported with the browser. I update the Adobe reader application in my computer but this is also not give any result. I search everywhere for the solution, but found nothing. What should I do? How to fix the issue?

Re: Safari: PDF file not opening

Restart the machine before that make sure that all the application are closed and no application not running in the background of the windows. Some times by rebooting the machine some problems can be solved. Also suggest you to download or to access any PDF file from the internet try to open the local PDF file from your machine. For that you just go to the file menu option of the browser and then locate any PDF file in your machine. Choose all the files which are in the type of pop-up menu in windows and click on open the file. If this opens in the browser then make sure that there is no problem in the Acrobat PDF or the Adobe reader application. The server that you are using is having a problem with PDF format documents.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I think by repair the Adobe Reader or Acrobat the problem might be solved, I had the similar issue for opening the PDF file in my computer as well as in the browser. For that you have to access of the installation media like the CD Rom or the DVD. Or from the network path where you are trying to download the PDF file. Go to the Run command prompt and type appwiz.cpl, it will open the text box, click on OK and open the Add Or Remove option dialog box, or you can also open this from the control panel and where you have to choose the option Add Or Remove. Select the Adobe Acrobat version that you installed in your machine. Click on the remove or change, a dialog box will appear in your window screen where you will found the Repair option, click on that. After complete the repair of the application reboot the machine and now try to open any PDF file from the computer or from the internet.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Make sure that in the browser the AdobePDF.dll is enable. To check this go to the Internet option under the tool menu option of the browser, then go to the program tab and choose the option Manage Add-ons. These are the add-ons that you browser using will be listed. Make sure that the add-on of the adobe reader is using by the safari and working fine. if you found that it is not working then reinstall the adobe reader in the browser. And click on the enable. Also make sure that the nppdf32.dll is working, this is worked with the internet browser. I hope this will help you to open the PDF file in the browser.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Create a new user account in your machine and then try to open the PDF file in the newly created user window screen. Check the PDF file registry path in your computer, because the registry path is containing the system-related information about any application that you are using in the machine. Make sure that you are having the back file of the application from that you are facing the problem. As per knowledge the adobe itself not provide any solution for the registry fault. Got o the run command and type regedit and hit on enter. Browse the key which is in the path look like HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Adobe\Acrobat\Exe. Make sure that the PDF file installer path in the machine is same that I mentioned above.

As per my knowledge the PDF file will not open in the web page after click on that, for that you have to recognize the file type. Generally the Acrobat is designed to read any type of the web file type. Which is also used to view the page in the tab of the web browser. I think the Adobe Acrobat/Reader cannot be used for the view the PDF file in the web browser exit from the Adobe Acrobat/Reader and also form the browser then try again o open the PDF file which is stored in your computer. I recommend you if the PDF that you trying to open in the web browser then copy the file link and paste to the download manager it will download the PDF file instead of open that on e in the browser window. This is another process of viewing the PDF file in the web browser.