Thread: JPG is not opening in MAC OSX from email

JPG is not opening in MAC OSX from email

I am not able to open jpg file that are downloaded from email attachment on my MAC OSX 10.6.2 I acquire a message that "..File could not be opened. It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn't recognize" In the history I mean that in past I have been able to do so but later than a couple of upgrades this is now not probable.

Re: JPG is not opening in MAC OSX from email

I have searched a lot on the web site for this issue because like you I am also going through this but not able to get the solution till now. So I do not have fixed for your query. But in this I think that a workaround may be to save the attachment to your desktop And open it in Preview that way.

Thanks for proposition but it is when I attempt to open the fresh jpg from the desktop through Preview that I obtain the message. I do not be acquainted with any other way to open it. All my preexisting jpg open devoid of a hitch. It is simply those that I put on the desktop from an email attachment that decline to open. So if anybody have solution for this then help me as soon as it possible for you.

Hey it is really weird Preview may have a subject. Here I just want to tell you some of the tips I hope from that you will get your query fixed. First you repair all the permissions which are given in that. And after that using the disk utility, choose your hard drive and in that then select Repair Permissions.

Hey thanks buddy after trying your suggestion my problem get solved. And I am facing problem in this because of my fault. I was taking the jpg and keeping it on the desktop in place of going through Preview to Save As. And I have to do like that but as I mentioned that I was doing this mistake again and again. I just want to thanks you buddy for your suggestion.
    Last edited by mANICKAVASAN; 14-11-2010 at 02:19 AM.