Thread: Messenger won't recognize my webcam in mac

Messenger won't recognize my webcam in mac

I was a once a PC user. Now I recently switched to Mac world. When I was buying Mac i.e. iBook g4 I purchased a compatible webcam also. I came to Home and plugged it into my ibook usb port. That webcam wasn’t responded at all. There was no light and nothing. Sorry for this. I wasn’t installed the drivers and compatible software. Now I have installed the software called “web cam Monitor” that came along with web cam itself. Now it lighted up and started working with the monitoring app. But when I launch the webchat on messenger the webcam couldn’t response. What will be the reason?

Re: Messenger won't recognize my webcam in mac

Usually this issue comes when the user pick up the third party web cam for his Mac. The user goes for third party webcams only when they don’t have the integrated webcam on their Mac. Because they are using the old Mac books. The third party webcams usually needs extra support to enable on Mac Os. The webcam works fine with the software or application that came with it. In order to use the messenger service on apple you will need a additional software and the manufacturers will not give it free for you. Read the complete information or manual that came along with the webcam and see which OS will support it. Use some extra effort for finding the support site on the internet.

I think you have not known about the settings related to ichat. In order to enable the webcam on messenger you will manually need to select its drivers and application settings. Check the settings on both the webcam monitor app and the messenger configurations. There might be some kind of privacy settings which might be disabling the video chat. Otherwise try to download the add-ons available for whichever messenger you are using.

What messenger you have used for the video chat? Does it support the webcam? Have tried you webcam on any other messengers? Have you updated the webcam drivers? Have tried the different USB ports for connection? What is your internet speed? Is your webcam is officially supported by the apple? What version of Mac Os you are using? These all facts matters when there is an issue regarding the iChat. Every messenger gives the manual setting option for the webcam installed on your computer. Some time it is necessary to switch it.

If the webcam is already is in use then it may be possible that the messenger couldn’t recognize it. Look in your system task bar any webcam monitor tray icon is displaying on it. Check the trouble shooting guide for help. Run any trial version application is available for your cam. Use the Skype messenger because it supports most of the third party webcams. In your Mac go to system preferences and check the Image Capture utility. It will detect your camera automatically if it is the right one. Otherwise it will show a message like “No Image Capture device connected”.