Thread: Windows Vista:Controller stopped working

Windows Vista:Controller stopped working

Hi friends, I get the error that "Export Controller has stopped working". My operating system is windows Vista, it displays me the error message and then after sometimes it gives me the error that “QuickTime has stopped working”. I had searched for it many numbers of times but I was unable to get the problem what is it? I know that, it is the big issue and there is still no fixes for this issue. I had updated my QuickTime 7 about three to four times form the first release of QuickTime. Reinstalling and uninstalling is not doing the trick for it. I don’t want to download an older version of ITunes. If someone is having the same problem like me then please help me. Please fix my problem.

Re: Windows Vista:Controller stopped working

I had completely uninstalled iTunes 9 and then I further reinstalled my previous version of iTunes that is ITunes 8. It can be easily available at Apple website under the support. I installed it with the QuickTime, from then I got rid of both the errors that occurred in the previous version. All the various programs that were creating me the problem in the previous version, now it has started functioning good.

My suggestion to you is to quit the quick time player if your quick time is open on the taskbar. Then track down again the Quick Time Player.exe file again, right click on the icon and then select properties from it. In that compatibility tab, select "Run as administrator" and then click OK. After doing this launch your Quick Time player again. Hope it may launch without Export Controller error.

If your Quick time for windows is there in the Compatibility Mode then you may or may not receive the error message when starting Quick Time. It displays the error message that:
    "QuickTime failed to initialize. Error # -2096
    Please make sure QuickTime is properly installed on this computer."
    Then turn off your compatibility mode for the Quick Time. To turn off follow this procedure:
    • First right click on the Quick Time Player application which is located in the C: drive of program files. If you have the shortcut then choose the properties from the shortcut menu.
    • Secondly, in properties go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Deselect all the check boxes in the compatibility tab.
    • Apply it
    • Finally close the properties windows.
    Make sure that QuickTime is not there in compatibility mode then check that iTunes is not in compatibility mode.

Better uninstall program also clear away any left program files and folders of Quick Time. For clearing the files and folders first open the disk in which the Quick time is installed. Then open program files folders. Secondly right click the folder of the Quick time and then select the delete option and choose yes while it asks for the deletion. Also delete the Quick Time and Quick TimeVR files which is located in the C:\Windows\system32\ folder. Then click continue if windows ask for the permission to continue. Also delete it completely from the recycle bin. Download the fresh copy of Quick Time from the Apple web site. After downloading the quick time, disconnect the system from the network or the internet, switch the firewall. Now run the Quick Time application by clicking on the .exe file of Quick Time. After installing it restart the system, then reconnect back to the internet and also open the firewall. hope it will now launch properly without any errors.