Thread: oracle admin page cannot connect

oracle admin page cannot connect

I am trying to connect oracle admin page for a week. Recently I am switched from the Windows XP to Linux Operating System. I am just to learn Linux command. So I am totally new to Linux Operating System, I don’t have any idea what to do next. So guys please help me out from this critical situation. I heard that so many people has face this problem, but not the single one has so my query.
    So please try to solve my problem. Thank You in the advance.

Re: oracle admin page cannot connect

Welcome to Linux Operating System Yret. You have definitely picked a challenging goal. But I am sure you will fix you problem and I am confident about this. I am just want to ask you is your SELinux is enabled? If you are still not able to connect to the admin page, then just try to use hostname as instead of localhost. Also check if you’re using a proxy server and not skipping the local host. I hope it will start successfully your home page.

Hey Yret thanks a lot for your help. But I am not able to use SELINUX. For that I have go to SELinux management tool but not able to see what to do enable.I also have installed Oracle 10r express edition. When I try to connect via using Mozilla then I try to get connect then my connection was refused. When I am trying using to 8080 port it shows me it is level zero error. How can I get through this problem.So can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Many of the new users have the same issue regarding to the Admin page errors. Please try to perform the below mansion task. I hope will sorted out your problem.
    1. First Go to start->run
    2. Then type services.msc and hit enter
    3. After that one applet will get open. Scroll down in right pane to figure out the option of "OracleServiceXE" and right click on it.
    4. In general tab do->>> start-up type "Automatic" and click the "start button".
    5. Repeat step 4. for the option "OracleXETNSListener". close the window.

I hope this will help you to fix your problem.

This error may be simply because of “oci_connect()”failed. This oci_connect establishes a connection to Oracle server. This error is most probably Oracle configuration problem. Also it returns a connection identifier needed for most other OCI calls. oci_connect() returns FALSE if an error occurred. To avoid this you just have to modify the code so that your page fails if the connection is unavailable.
    If you are trying to get Oracle working under Linux. That’s why you may be getting the “Connect” error. Then this may be the problem in Linux, OR in Oracle OR in both.
    If both the Firefox "Unable to connect" and telnet "Connection refused" errors are getting then following may be the problem:
    • You don't have a program listening on port 8080 on your localhost
    • "Something" (a firewall, SELinux, etc) is preventing you from connecting to that program.

I hope this will solve your issue.