Thread: Security center always get shutdown in Windows 7

Security center always get shutdown in Windows 7

I don't know what has happened to my windows 7 although it was running smoothly till last week. Now i don't know why my security center always get shut down. i keep getting this message always. For your information i have installed the AVG 9.0 free edition along with the microsoft Defender and anti-Malware which installs automatically with Win 7. But i don't know why i get that red X in Action Center and the same message. Need help ?
    Last edited by Hebrew; 21-01-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Re: Security center always get shutdown in Windows 7

The solution to this problem is a quiet simple one. You can fix this problem by setting the security center to automatic. i have mentioned the procedure to achieve it below:

* Click on Start and select Run
    * Type in "services.msc" without the double quotes which will open a new window.
    * In the right scroll down the list and doubleclick on Security Center
    * Where it says Startup, set from Disabled to Automatic.
    * Now click "start" and then OK
    * After this restart your system this will definitely fix this issue.
    Last edited by jesse; 21-01-2010 at 08:18 PM.

The symptoms which you have mentioned above occurs to me as your system is infected by a virus. Since the security system can get affected by a virus. So if possible upgrade your virus definition and try to run a complete scan using your antivirus. You can also download the Microsoft security essential and install it.

I will suggest you to restore your system to a date where your system was stable. Since it is impossible to know what is the main cause behind this problem. Restoring the system will get back your system to a state where it was working smoothly. If this does not solve your issue please try to reply further.

Dr. V Guest

You are facing this problem because the antivirus you have installed on your system. It is possible that avg 9 antivirus and the anti malware programs which you have installed may clash with each other and hence your security setting get shut down. remove both the programs and your problem might be solved.

Most probably your system might have been affected by a virus. So i would suggest you to get another antivirus installed on to your system. I would suggest you to get new antivirus or upgrade your existing copy of the avg 9.0 free edition to a paid one. Since the free edition does not detect some of the viruses that may be present in your system.

Hey, I am facing the same issue in windows 7. Now i tried the process stated above, about turning the service system to automatic. But inspite of that it just switched off again. i get the error which reads "Windows could not start the Security Service Center on Local computer. Error 1058: The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Im really in trouble. Please help!
    Thanks

I found a similar issue in my system some time ago when I faced virus problem. What happened here is I had installed a online gaming tool which download some updates without my knowledge. I found lots of changes in the system. This happens when your systems registry settings are altered. You can run system restore to fix that. If not then there is a small fix here I can give you. This fix will help to relocate the registry settings of Security Center.
    Attached Files Attached Files