Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2010

Linux: Not able to start Monodevelop

Hello friend,
I am having a Compaq laptop with the Linux environment. Along with that having the server access in my laptop. For that recently installed the Mono development, though having no such information regarding the application also how to run the program in the Linux machine. While I tried to run the program it gives me the error message with the TCP transport. The error message is look like: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException. Is there any suggestion on this issue? How to execute the MonoDevelop in my Linux machine.
Old 12-11-2010

Re: Linux: Not able to start Monodevelop

Monodevelop is used for the creating the integrated development environment in the Linux or the Mac machine. This application is also used in the windows platform. It is designed as the combination of the mono as well as the Microsoft .Net framework. It works similar like the Netbeans and the Microsoft visual studio application. This open source is used for the compilation of the automated code of the program. It known as the source control program for the Linux machine. It support the programming languages like the C#, JAVA, Visual Basic, Python etc.
Old 12-11-2010

I did this in my Linux computer, and now I am able to run the Monodevelop in my machine. I would like to share the proves by which I did the program run in the machine this will help you to run the Monodevelop in the Linux machine. Make sure that you are having the following packages in the machine, monodevelop-python, monodevelop-nunit, monodevelop-debugger-mdb. Monodevelope will install in the local folder location of the user account. Go to the Gnome panel and choose the add panel for creating the new panel. Click on the Custom Application Launcher then click to Add. In the name box enter the name as the monodevelope. Go to the command box and change appropriate options for your machine. Locate the path where you create the new panel. Lastly click on the OK.
Old 12-11-2010

You can install and run the Monodevelop without the using of the command line argument in the Linux as well as the Mac computer. if you are willing to do this the go through the process. For that first of you have to create the panel in the Gnome panel by clicking on the add panel option of that window. And after that you customize the panel launcher. Go to the command line box and type the following command
bash -c 'export FIELDWORKS_ENVIRON="/home/REPLACE/WITH/YOUR/PATH/TO/Calgary/WW/environ"; monodevelop-new'
This is works for the new monodevelop, lastly click on the OK. And now try to open the monodevelop application.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,