Thread: Windows 7 with Linux

Windows 7 with Linux

I am having a Toshiba laptop with the Linux Fedora environment, which work great with all the features and the limitations. Recently tried for the dual boot with the Windows 7. But after the installation I am facing the problem regarding the executing the windows 7 environment in the laptop. I tried to run by the live CD of the windows 7. After inserting the user name and the password for the execution. I am having no internet connection, is that happed for that? I checked the windows drive but it uses the desired space for run the program. How to run the windows 7 in the Linux machine? Any suggestion on this problem

Re: Windows 7 with Linux

If you are using same drive for the installation for the windows 7 in the Linux machine then resize the drive with the utilities which are using for that. Be sure that the drive is having the sufficient space for the installation of the windows 7. The windows partition manager is used for the partition of the drive. In the Ubuntu Live CD this will safe in the secure for the installation of the windows 7. Another tool which are known as the windows tool, which is used for the NTFS file system. Put the Linux live CD in to the machine. Select the option without installation for the Linux version that you are trying to run with the windows 7. You can also make the partition while the live CD will starts boot in the machine, just right after that launch the partition tool for the drive partition

I would like to suggest you the same thing, to run the two different operating system in the single machine then make the partition in the computer primary drive for the installation of the second program. You have to shrink the drive where you installed the earlier version of the operating system. Before shrink the drive defragment that once. For that you just simply right click on the drive which one you wish to re-size and then go to the properties of the drive and defrag that one. After the defragment search the partition on the search option of the machine. It will show you the option like the “Create and partition hard drive”. Click on that it will direct you for the process for the partition of the drive. Right click on the drive which one partitioned recently. Then shrink the drive by right click on the drive, look for the shrink option and do the shrink of the drive.

Windows 7 and the Ubuntu are very much despite with the operations of the system. They are well work in the single machine. As per my knowledge the windows 7 is having the boot-up process by default in the environment. Though it will might be performs slowly, because the Linux will treat the windows 7 as the very lower version in the hard drive. But once clear the entire drive before the installation of the program in the hard drive. Because one of the existing file if swap to the other version of the operating system then this will create problem with the execution of the necessary file processing. so you have to clean up the drive where you are wish to install the windows version.

If you are looking for the three partitions in your machine then allocate one for the windows version program. In the Linux machine look for the system's hard drive where you going to create another partition for the windows 7 installation. Let the drive for the carve and the operating system recovery option in the machine. Make sure that you are having the sufficient space for the windows installation. Take the CD or the DVD of the windows 7 installation. Select the boot option from the CD. Or can change the boot operating system from the BIOS of the machine. For that jut enter into the BIOS and proceed to the advance tab option, where you will got the option which will help you to change the boot option of the machine.

I suggest you to create the separate virtual drive or the machine for the windows installation; the new virtual hard disk drive will reside on the NTFS file system of the newly created virtual drive of the machine. Load the Ubuntu in the virtual machine, by following the onscreen steps. Make the partition of the drive by following the steps and format the drive. If you are facing the problem with the network connectivity, make sure that the NIC is working fine. There are some of the default program for the virtual machine will store in the NIC, configure the NIC with the virtual machine and then try to make the connection, in order to the operating system that you are using, for Linux. Remember that avoid starting the Virtual PC right after turn on the Virtual machine.