Thread: error “shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999” on linux

error “shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999” on linux

Hey guys I have some problem with my computer that shows some kind error message “shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999”. I can’t get figure it out I want some solution if you have any suggestion about this please help me out from this mess. I have dual operating system one LINUX and other one is Microsoft Window 7. This system run under processor of Intel core 2 Duo @2.9GHz, motherboard of ASUS, has a RAM 4GB (2 x 2). This problem only arises if I run X11. I have another machine that show “-954” error message. If you have solution about this kind of problem please help me. I want to know what the hell is happening with my system. Is it affected with virus? Any suggestion would greatly appreciate.

Re: On LINUX some error occur that show “shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999”

This error you might face due to some system problem. These errors occur only if your one of the system file is missing or get corrupted. If your any application is not install properly and you are trying to run that application might cause this error. This “Shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999” error only occur due to this reason as per my idea. So just reinstall application which solves this problem.

Re: On LINUX some error occur that show “shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999”

X11 is the computer software system and network protocol which provide a graphical user interface (GUI) for the network computer. It point directly to device control function. The proper solution for this “Shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999” error has been out but this may cause due to bad application approximately as per my idea.

“-954” error occur if client is unknown by the remote host. Computer running under application which is not known by the host computer due to this reason you may face this kind of error. This may happen because system is trying to access on that application but not able to load its driver or loadable file. To resolve this you just contact your network administrator he will solve this problem. “Shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999” error is unknown by entire user so it has no solution.

---- X11 is tool that designed at way that it can be used over network connection rather than previous protocol means other attached display device. It feature allow your machine for the network transparency means where the application program runs on the local machine. It support modern feature like video animation and 3D by its bandwidth. This protocol might get not connect to your computer and face this “Shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999” error. To solve this error you can contact your network administrator.

Re: error “shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999” on linux

If application is not properly install then you might get this error. This problem occurs if your database server is not get the access to that application. Try to reinstall the application might fix your problem. This is possible that this “Shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999” error also occur due to this reason. So do your best and contact your N/W admin will solve this problem.

Re: error “shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999” on linux

If your computer running under application and cannot access the system will cause this error. Mostly “-954” error occur if your database server or the remote host not able to access this application. If I were at your place I only contact the network administrator, he has an ability to solve this error. This “Shmget (lowmem) error: Unknown error 999” error has no proper solution but reinstalling the application might fix this error and you will get your solution.