Thread: Dual-boot Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7- partition problem

Dual-boot Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7- partition problem

I freshly try on the way to dual boot windows 7 as well as ubuntu 10.10 on my toshiba satallite l50d5 laptop . I run the live boot all the way through a cd. Saying that the whole thing was successively good furthermore decided on the way to dual boot. The whole thing was well until I acquire to the screen somewhere it request to put my name as well as password. It would not advance from there I do not encompass internet access as a result I’m guessing that may have been a difficulty. Several behaviors the installation wouldn’t complete subsequent to HOURS as a result I determined to presently turn off my computer. I booted it up once more plus windows loaded. I checked my windows drive furthermore it was partly of what it used to be although I can’t obtain to my ubuntu partition. I observe it when I go in all the way through the live cd although however it doesn’t offer me the opportunity to boot it when I turn it on usually. How do I get rid of the ubuntu partion ?

Re: Dual-boot Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7- partition problem

In view of the fact that the installation did not complete, the Ubuntu partition might be there non-bootable. On the way to confirm, boot the Ubuntu cd. You be supposed to have a menu of options. Choose boot from hard drive. I think if the Ubuntu installation be bootable, it will boot effectively. If it is not bootable, you be supposed to obtain several type of error message significant you accordingly.The installation most likely stopped up at the "waiting for network connection" phase for the reason that a network connection might be essential subsequent to installation to update each and every one installed packages toward the newest version.

If the installation is not completed successfully then the Ubuntu partition may be there non-bootable. So the option you have is to delete ubuntu partition. In order to delete the Ubuntu partition, you have two alternative:
    1)You be able to boot windows in addition to make use of windows software on the way to get back the Ubuntu partition designed for windows.
    2) Try to boot the Ubuntu cd at the same time as a live cd. Run gparted or supplementary partition management application of your preference in order to take away the Ubuntu partition, as well as expand the windows partition on the way to capture up the free space. Finish the task in addition to write down a fresh partition table.

I also run in the same trouble when I do a dual boot/advance partition by means of Windows 7 as well as Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat. I was demanding to include as 20gb, change as 4gb, plus home at the same time as the remaining space.Subsequent to installing a looking by the side of it in gparted, why is sda3 outside the sda4? Shouldn't it be within?

Your computer is set by means of a boot order; it tried a PXE Boot in excess of the network after that attempt the primary disc scheduled moreover could not discover a bootable partition. I am unsure if it may be value checking your BIOS as well as establishing what boot categorizes you has set. If you have a LiveCD you may possibly attempt booting this after that having a look by the side of what partitions there are using Gparted as well as observe if you be able to see the 3 partitions you should have. Also can you allow us be familiar with the fundamental specification of the PC.