Thread: Edit grub/defaults/grub file on triple-boot system

Edit grub/defaults/grub file on triple-boot system

Triple-boot is not able to discover some of the files on my system, and in this debian lenny on hda2, windows xp hda3, ubuntu of the 10.10 hdb2 all 3 simple to get. I had to install it all Oses, windows xp 2nd later than installing Ubuntu this time Grub2 apparent and has each operating system running. I have so far checked at the Debian grubmenu.lst which shows that windows xp is listed but not Ubuntu even though I am able to boot Ubuntu. I am confident that grub2 is in control for the reason that at boot it shows grub 1.98 also the operating system selection looks like the 1 in grub2 . So in order to fix this issue what I have to do please tell me as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Re: Edit grub/defaults/grub file on triple-boot system

I am also going through this issue and in this I am getting little bit more actually in this what I am getting I have mentioned it below. Actually in this :
    1. I have got the grub legacy in debian in to the windows xp, grub2 in Ubuntu. Where did grub2 leave? Its menu is not in debian.
    2. How do I discover it or should I immediately modify the grub that is inside Debian to Grub2 & create it the system default and it is at the starting of the system.

So please suggest me that how am I able to fix this issue.

Hey friends same here also But in this I just want to tell you that at the time of installation I did not have right of entry in the Debian, due to windows install. So windows partition had boot flag. And in this I want to ask you guys that
    1. Is there a method to allow grub legacy and add Ubuntu entrance to it?
    2. Is it very easy in altering the boot flags to Grub in Debian divider at opening of hda?
    3. Why am I not able to observe default grub file on this installation of Ubuntu?
    4. On this 1 and in the other one I have root login and I am not able to see it.

I have read almost all the post which is given here in. But in this I got the answer of one in which I have to told you that you do not need to find out the or alter the the grub that is within Debian to Grub2. Actually if it is working in the company of Ubuntu Grub2, there is no cause to modify? So I think you got my point that what I mean but I am not very much confident regarding this because I in my case it works so that is why I have suggested this and hope it works in your case also.

When I read this there then I came to know that it is little bit similar to my case. That is why I have solution for it which I got from one of the official website. And when I use that I got this output. So you just check this output I hope from this you will get little bit of idea that how the things are working in this.
    Code:
    debianjabc:/home/abc# ls /boot/grub
    default fat_stage1_5 menu.lst~ stage1
    device.map jfs_stage1_5 minix_stage1_5 stage2
    e2fs_stage1_5 menu.lst reiserfs_stage1_5 xfs_stage1_5

That is an dreadful la lot of files in the Ubuntu > boot > grub directory! Deduction that it is correct, and there you will get the file. I have not made use of this I mean here that grub.cfg file there. I have not used Grub2 so I have not anything to contrast it to. From what I have read concerning Grub2, it appears it would be easier to boot a Grub Legacy system starting Grub2 than the reverse. As a minimum you can boot your systems. Good luck with the whole thing.