Thread: Most suitable VOIP software for system with 64bit sidux.

Most suitable VOIP software for system with 64bit sidux.

Which do you think is very appropriate VOIP software to set up to a system with 64bit sidux? Until now, in the 64bit Ubuntu systems I have used, I set up Skype. But Skype has only a 32bit version for Linux and sidux development team strongly recommends not messing with 32bit libraries in a 64bit system. So, is there any proper package?

Re: Most suitable VOIP software for system with 64bit sidux.

I am using sidex and getting and error while installing the VOIP software to the system and getting an error which I am giving below:
    hmget(lowmem) error: Unknown error 999
    whenever I am pressing to start X11. Can anybody suggest me to get the desired solution for the problem I am suffering from? Please suggest me.

I'm distributing the wireless indication (wlan) on my fedora 12 machine. Though, when the computer begin up I have to perform:
    • service dnsmasq stop

Only following this, will the computer contribute to the internet indication (through ethernet). Why is this happening? Should I uninstall dnsmasq? Actually I have previously detached it from chkconfig by using the following codecs:
    • chkconfig --del dnsmasq

I don’t have a solution but have some question which can clarify the problem’s emerging point in result you will be able to get the solution for the issue you are getting in installing the VOIP software to the system with 64bit sidex.
    • Are you utilizing dnsmasq as a DHCP server and a DNS lookup service or using them together?
    • When you write down "I'm sharing the wireless signal (wlan)" do you signify that other computers on your LAN are linking to the Internet using wlan on this system, that is they are utilizing this system as a first step?
    • If yes then what have you complete to put up this system as a first step? In thorough is there something in that arrangement which is authenticating the first step consumers?
    • Try checking all the things and see if the solution is goes away or not.