Thread: Which programs should be ported to Linux?

Which programs should be ported to Linux?

I was thinking to port some programs to Linux, because i have received many of questions regarding this such as, should i get a third party programs on Linux?. i wanted replies to know that which program will you want to see on Linux and for why. If anyone wanted any programs on Linux then tell me and also give me your suggestions on this, Any suggestions will recommend.Thanks.
    Last edited by Daamodar; 11-11-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Re: Which programs should be ported to Linux?

Here I have given your two programs, which I like to port on Linux. The first program I will like to port is Photoshop, because I like give more of my time for graphics creating and editing. The second program I like to port on Linux is Dreamweaver for creating web pages, which is my real work. I have seen that Linux developer hasn’t produce Linux version separately for this package.

I would like to see SPSS program on Linux because many of the difficult tasks are became easy through this, its advance userability and data accessing is very beneficial for the users. Using this many of the work can be work in Open office.org. I think that Linux doesn’t have specific program like this, and which can operate by Linux. If possible i will like port this program on Linux. This will be very useful peoples like me.
    Last edited by Wiro; 11-11-2010 at 06:09 PM.

In my point of view, you can run many of third party application on Linux which you use on Windows operating system. To use programs on Linux you have to use an application on Linux known as WINE and I think it is very useful and beneficial application is provided by Linux. Using WINE application you can use many of the programs, which are normally run on windows. I hope this may be helpful to you.