Thread: PlayOnLinux won’t work it freezes while downloading

PlayOnLinux won’t work it freezes while downloading

I am using nb305 Toshiba laptop in which I have installed software PlayOnlinux which is software which let us to install a number of games into the system and which is also designed in such a way that it can be run with Microsoft windows. I was doing well with this software but recently I am getting a problem that when I go to download a new game it freezes and force me to quite the download. I am not getting the point why it starts happen like this. Please is there anybody who can do an attempt to get the solution for the problem I am facing in downloading the game.

Re: PlayOnLinux won’t work it freezes while downloading

I want to tell you that it is happening because you might be downloading the game which may not be supporting to the windows as you know that this software is let you to allow to play the games which support the windows. So check out that you are installing the game should be windows supporting game which you can be bale to play on the Ubuntu . Try doing the things which I have to9ld to you and see if you are getting the solution.

First of all I want to know that which processor you are using in the system you have as sometimes it happens when you use the processors like Atom and similar to this will not be able to play such games and also will fail to download this type of games after a period of time. So please let me know the configuration of the system you are using. So I might be able to give you the solution for the problem you are getting from the software.

As you are getting this problem recently so I think this type of issue mainly occur due to some virus may be affected to your software and so that it might stop working and in result you are getting this problem of not getting download the game into the system. So to get the solution for this type of virus bug you need to use some antivirus software which will scan the virus from the system and your software will work fine and in result you will be able to download the game which you want to play.

I am using nb305 Toshiba laptop with Intel atom processor, 512MB ram and 80GB hard disk as a storage device. This is my configuration to the software and I was downloading the game from the internet using playonlinux since last three months but till now I was not getting problem with the software it occurs recently now I am not getting what to do. Please suggest me to get the solution.

As you have given me the configuration of the system you are using is ok for playing 3D games. I think the problem is due the storage space on the drive might be not enough for the game so try checking the space on the hard drive and if not have the enough space on the drive then try to empty some space on the drive by removing the unwanted files and folders. I think this will be helpful to you as you have stated that you are not able to download the game recently earlier it was fine.

I think the software which you have installed in the system might be corrupted as you are using it for playing the windows games on the Linux operating system and also using it to download the games on the system. So check out the software and if it is corrupted then download a new one and install it to the system and see now you are able to download the game on the system or not. I think you are facing this problem because your software might not be updated.