Thread: How to remove Apple Macbook login password

How to remove Apple Macbook login password

I have the Apple Macbook with me and the scene is such that at home my brother just changed the password of the Macbook and now the thing is that I just want to get rid of the same. Can anybody help me with getting rid of the login screen? Well the semester exams are near and hence he did this on the MacBook and now he is not ready to give me the key for that. Please help me in unlocking the same. Any help in the matter will be appreciated a lot.

Re: How to remove Apple Macbook login password

Well if at all your semesters are near then you should concentrate on the studies. Well you have asked the solution and I will help you with that. Well you can try to create a new admin account on the Mac OS and that is the only way that I am aware of. For creating the new admin account you will be required to enter the terminal. After entering the admin there are some files that you will be required to delete and after that you will be able to get rid of the login screen.

I think that you will have to reset the password. Well I really do not have a way by which you can get the password that is on the MacBook but I can really help you in resetting the password of the MacBook. For that you will be required to have the Mac OS X install disc. Please see that you have the Mac OS X install disc that came along with the system. After that you will be required to insert that disc in the optical drive. Keep pressing the C key and then restart the system. After that you will be able to see the Utilities or Installer menu on the screen. Well it depends on the version of the OS X that you have on the system. After that you will be required to select the Reset Password option. Once you are done with all this then you will be required to select the Macintosh HD. From the drop down menu you will be asked to select the original administrator account. After that all you have to do is enter the new password in the two filed that have poped up. Save the changes and then restart the system. On the Loging screen enter the required field and then enter the new password created. Hope that you will be able to get into the MacBook.

I have usually seen this type of issues with the MacBook users. I have seen the users that run in the problems with the MacBook where they do not know the admin password. I would suggest you to reset the password for the same. Well the solution above was with the OS X CD, and I have the solution that does not require that CD at all. Just follow the steps below:
    • As the first step reboot the system.
    • When the system starts again and you hear the chime, simply hold down the Apple key and S key simultaneously.
    • You will be able to see a terminal. Just place the commands below in that terminal and you will be able to create a new account:
      1. mount -uw /
      2. rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
      3. shutdown -h now
    • After you place the commands you will have to reboot the system again.
    • When the system will start you will be able to see the new admin account. After that if you wish you can delete the old one from there.

Please let me know if that really helped you.

I was simply looking for one solution and know I have the two solutions with me. I think I do not need to post my query as well. I was also having the same problem with the MacBook Air and I think that I have the solution with me ready. Well I think that it is meant for all the MacBook. I will try the above steps and will let you all know if at all it succeeded. Well if there is anything else that I will have to try then please let me know about the same. Thanks a lot for the solutions.

Well the case is such that you will succeed in breaking the password with the above steps. It is going to work with any of the MacBook and I think you will get away with this. In addition to that I would help you with one of the thread below and I am of the opinion that you will find that more helpful. Well this is case in general and the following thread is specially for the MacBook Air. Just have the look here: Macbook Air Login Page not accepting password. In addition to that if you want you can also have look on this thread as well: Macbook Pro stuck at apple logo screen and Macbook password recovery. Please let us know if you find the threads useful.