Thread: Cannot install Fuppes on Fedora 13, need help

Cannot install Fuppes on Fedora 13, need help

Hi all, I am using the Fedora 13 32bit operating system. It is a desktop edition and now I am trying to install the Fuppes on that. To install that, I was referring the guide that came along with the download. The installation was in the progress but in-between the installation, it gets stuck at autoreconf –vfi and the progress stopped and in few seconds, it aborted the installation and gives me some message. I am not able to read that message because it was visible for a short period of time. I will appreciate any ideas or suggestion for this issue. Please help.

Re: Cannot install Fuppes on Fedora 13, need help

I was also getting the same error earlier. Whenever, I try to install it then it shows me ""error: avformat.h avutil.h avcodec.h: No such file or directory"". I did a research on it and found that just the 'rpmfusion' ffmpeg-devel. If you want to locate those files then you can find it at /usr/include/ffmeg/<five-folders>/*.h but that does not matter because ffmpeg-0.6 is not usable with fuppes. You can use "libffmpeg52" as Mandriva PCLinuxOS Debian Ubuntu application. This work can be done by 23 new packages, which are from the pclos2010 or rebuild with rpmbuild. I get the 'faad' version and that is able to work with the pclos2010 or Fedora13.

You can use the intltool to solve the problem that you are facing to install the Fuppes. You should also check for the version of the Fuppes that you are using. I am using intltool and found it very useful. There is a script called the intltoolize in the intltool package. This script is capable of copying the a range of scripts and it can do other magical things for your module. Just search for this on internet and use that. I am sure that you will also find it very useful.

OK, I think that I have understood the problem that you are facing. You can use the code below to enable mp4v2. You can use this in the place of fedora-packaged copy.
    Code:
    wget http://mp4v2.googlecode.com/files/mp4v2-1.9.1.tar.bz2
    tar xjf mp4v2-1.9.1.tar.bz2
    cd mp4v2-1.9.1
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
    make
    make install
    After that you will find that it enables the mp4v2 support. And you have to do the following changes for compiling this.

Code:
    #include <simage/simage.h>
    You should change the configure lines 18613-18620 like:

Code:
    #if test "x$ac_cv_header_libavformat_avformat_h" = x""yes; then :
      cat >>confdefs.h <<_ACEOF
    #define HAVE_LIBAVFORMAT_AVFORMAT_H 1
    _ACEOF
     ffmpeg_new_includes=yes
    #else
    #  ffmpeg_new_includes=no
    #fi
    I did the same and found that the compilation and the installation succeeded without any problem for me after this. And you should also try this and see whether it help you or not?

I read your post and I think that the repo is busted in your case. If that is the case for you then it is the reason behind the problem. I am saying this because it was the problem in my case when I was facing the similar issue. Finally when I removed it from /etc/yum.repos.d/ the n the issue gone. Just check for that and this may resolve the problem for you.

It may be the problem with the version of the Fedora Linux operating system's Desktop Edition that you are using. There is latest version of it available on internet. You can google it and I am sure that you will find it very easily. Just download it and I am sure that you will find everything that you need to try out Fedora. If you use this then you will not have to erase anything from your current system and it will also not use the files at risk. You can test this for once and if you like this then you can install that directly on your hard drive with the help of Live Media desktop.

Its good idea to upgrade the Fedora Linux operating system's Desktop Edition for your system. I would like to tell you that you can also upgrade sing the regular installation DVDs. If you use Live media then it will only carry out fresh installation and not the upgrade. There is possibility that the installation take priority over any third party packages and that may conflict the default installation set. Before trying to attempt the upgrade, you should make sure that you have read the release notes cautiously.

I have seen some cases where Fuppes are running but the devices are not able to see that. If anyone has that case then I would like to tell you that FUPPES tries to notice the lan interface when it is starting and sometimes ;it detects the 127.0.0.1 (localhost) which makes no sense. Webinterface has the same IP address that helps in communication of other UPnP devices. If you find that the IP address for webinterface is 127.0.0.1 then you have to change it to local network adapter address. You can do this by editing the config file. If the address is correct then there is possibility that firewall is blocking the communication. Just check for these two.