Thread: problem when installing dependencies for mysql-workbench

problem when installing dependencies for mysql-workbench

I'm extremely fresh to each and every one this so I express regret for being head understandable by means of a few of my questions.I'm demanding to install mysql-workbench on RedHat 5 Desktop.I establish an suitable RPM so as to I downloaded from the MySQL site, however it's asking for a number of dependencies that I don't be familiar with how to track down.Has anybody as well had this trouble? If thus, how accurately would you advise so that I fix this? By accurately I signify, the dependency you are missing is part of the following package.Thank in advance for your suggestion.

Dr. V Guest

Re: problem when installing dependencies for mysql-workbench

On Rhel do not make use of rpm unless use of rpm is not recommended. make use of " yum "call red hat as well as purchase a license and then install the RHN repo -- from red hat after that make use of yum it install mysql. In yum do a search “yum search mysql" You may not be able to install fedora 11 rpms on RHEL 5.? Very few fedora 6 rpms are capable of installing but not mysql.

I have installed on my local desk workstation the MySQL Workbench application. It get installed perfectly. As I was setting up and doing a soft link in linux. Below are the steps I follow to set it:
    • Group add mysql
    • User add -g mysql
    • cd ->usr->local
    • gunzip ->home->Tim->Download->mysql xvf –
    • ln -s ->usr->local->mysql

MySQL Workbench is offered for the subsequent platforms:
    •Windows
    •Linux
    •Mac OS X
    Double distributions of MySQL Workbench are accessible for the above platforms. MySQL Workbench need a present system to run effortlessly. The least amount hardware necessities are:
    •CPU: Intel Core or Xeon 3GHz or Dual Core 2GHz
    •Cores: Single Dual or Quad Core is suggested
    •RAM: 4 GB or 6 GB suggested
    •Graphic Accelerators: nVidia or ATI with support of OpenGL 1.5
    •Display Resolution: 1280×1024 is suggested, 1024×768 is least.

I would suggest you to go through this Software Requirements
    The subsequent operating systems be formally recommended:
    •Windows 7 64-bit or Professional level or higher version
    •Mac OS X 10.6.1+
    •Ubuntu 9.10 (64bit)
    •Ubuntu 8.04 (32bit/64bit)
    For ease the subsequent manufacture are as well available:
    •Windows XP SP3, Vista
    •Mac OSX (10.5 and 10.6) Intel
    •Ubuntu 8.04 (i386/x64)
    •Ubuntu 9.04 (i386/x64)
    •Fedora 11 (i386/x64)
    MySQL Workbench furthermore has the subsequent universal necessities:
    1.The Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework.
    2.Cairo 1.6.0
    3.glib-2.10
    4.libxml-2.6
    5.libsigc++ 2.0
    6.pcre
    7.libzip

Present there are more than a few binary distributions of MySQL Workbench offered for Linux. These consist of:
    •Fedora 10 amd64 (RPM)
    •Ubuntu 8.04 i386 (DEB)
    •Ubuntu 8.10 amd64 (DEB)
    In addition to the binary distributions, it is as well as feasible to download the MySQL Workbench source code as a tar.gz or RPM package. confirm the MySQL Workbench download page for the latest packages. The method for installing on Linux depends on which Linux distribution you are using.
    1.Installing DEB packages
    On Ubuntu, as well as other systems that make use of the Debian package scheme, you be able to install MySQL Workbench using a command such as: shell> sudo dpkg -i package.deb
    .2.Installing RPM packages
    On RedHat-based systems, as well as other systems using the RPM package format, MySQL Workbench be able to be installed by a command such as: shell> sudo rpm -i package.rpm

I too have problem when installing dependencies for mysql-workbench. But I want to install it on windows. I search on internet for this but i did not get any value able information about this. any suggestion to this would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

Installing MySQL Workbench on Windows
    MySQL Workbench might be installed by means of the Windows installer file or it might be installed yourself from a ZIP file.
    Installing MySQL Workbench Using the Installer
    MySQL Workbench be able to be installed by means of the Windows Installer installation package. The MSI package bears the name mysql/workbench/version/win32.msi, where version point toward the MySQL Workbench edition quantity. The important when installing MySQL Workbench by means of the installer require moreover Administrator or Power User privileges. If you are installing by means of the ZIP file without an installer, you do not require Administrator or Power User privileges.
    1.In order to install MySQL Workbench, right-click the MSI file furthermore choose the Install option from the pop-up menu
    2.In the Setup Type window you might prefer a Complete installation. To make use of each and every one features of MySQL Workbench wish the Complete option.
    3.otherwise MySQL Workbench is installed in C:\%PROGRAMFILES%\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.1 edition_type