Thread: How to operate Backtrack Linux?

How to operate Backtrack Linux?

I have currently just installed Backtrack on my System. I don’t have any idea about it. What are the more features provided by the Backtrack. I would like to learn about this security tools. I am not able to find the much tools and materials on the official web site of Backtrack. There is something about using the commands prompt to do it, also what are the commands to operate it. Please help I want to learn about it.

Re: How to operate Backtrack Linux?

Backtrack is a distro software, it is the set of software components (i.e. open source components) assembled into a working whole and distributed to a user community. Backtrack is a build around lot of software penetration. It is not able to learn the Backtrack, what you need is to acquainted with some of the software available for backtrack. Backtrack is not just one application it has the wide range of software’s.

I truly agree with the Milton j, it is unable to learn Backtrack. It is the distro that comes with the lots of tools to do the software penetration testing and it is also useful for the forensic research and much other stuff it supports. The very first thing is to get acquainted with utilities provide by the Backtrack. If you want to have the more information regarding it then I will suggest you search it at Google search engines. You will get video tutorials regarding Backtrack.

you won’t be able to get the total idea of Backtrack. Backtrack is nothing but the Linux, which provide the large security toolsets. It has many other tools such as nmap, wireshark, dnsiff, etc. if you are totally mew to the Linux operating system then you can make use of the more user friendly products like Ubuntu. Backtrack is a total live CD distro. It is not an installed operating system. The good thing of Backtrack is you can access to the Wi-Fi with the help of iwconfig and ifconfig commands. It will help you to connect to the internet and also running on any of the network with the normal configuration and the DHCP server. It has many other functioning.

Backtrack is the multipurpose software. It is used for the testing, troubleshooting, data recovery and many other purposes. If you are not flexible while working with the Linux then may use more user friendly operating system such as Ubuntu or openuse. Backtrack provides user easy view to comprehensive and the large collections of security related tools. Security related tools means it can be ranges from port scanners to password crackers. backtrack official site has many other tutorials of it.