Thread: Postfix ignores the settings for masquerade_domains

Postfix ignores the settings for masquerade_domains

I've just updated my home server from fc5 on the way to fc13 which way installing the newest edition of postfix. It is used to transfer mail from cron jobs as well as logwatch to a local mailbox plus my googlemail account as a result I am able to monitor at what time away from home.I lastly get it functioning, except have to push a trick so as to I experience awful about it, furthermore does not stay alive after reboot.The trouble is no issue what I do, this edition of Postfix pay no attention to the settings for "masquerade_domains", "myhostname" and "mydomain" in main.cf, using in its place getting the domain name from whatever 127.0.0.1 is set to in hosts.At the present I have to put in it in /etc/hosts instead of "localhost", eg:
    Code: 127.0.0.1 hostname.real.domain hostname
    Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Postfix ignores the settings for "masquerade_domains", "myhostname" and "mydomain" in main.cf

I also have this type of problem before but I would like to know some more information. so that we can try to resolve your problem. can you provide a "postconf-n" so that we can try to find out what mistake you are making.

Re: Postfix ignores the settings for "masquerade_domains", "myhostname" and "mydomain" in main.cf

I would like to know some more information. so that we can try to resolve your problem. can you provide a "postconf-n" so that we can try to find out what mistake you are making
    alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
    alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
    command_directory = /usr/sbin
    config_directory = /etc/postfix
    daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
    data_directory = /var/lib/postfix

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    192.168.1.X kali.<your real domain> kali
    Last edited by Rivulet; 11-11-2010 at 03:59 AM.

As you have mentioned in your above post that you have updated your home server from fc5 on the way to fc13 which means installing the latest version of postfix. There is Possibility that a bit go crazy for the reason that you upgraded, keep in mind that upgrading is not suggested. If all as well be unsuccessful it may be value a new build.

Mail stopped being transport because to postfix pick and choose localhost.localdomain as the "from" domain in spite of the main.cf settings. The maillog remove demonstrate what occur at what time mailx was used to send 1 mail to two addresses.Subsequent to changing the 127.0.0.1 entry to the suitable completely capable host.domain, the same mailx test be successful. Didn't even have on the way to restart postfix, as a result it should reread /etc/hosts every time!

A few growth, I establish that the "kali" which was being include at the same time as the canonical host name within the local host address for the duration of boot was being read from the file /etc/sysconfig/network.The HOSTNAME price is supposed to be canonical, as a result I altered this as well as the full host name at the moment gets inserted into the 127.0.0.1 and 1 lines of the host file throughout reboot. That sort of preset my postfix troubles of having to create alter subsequent to a reboot, although why the main.cf params myhostname, mydomain, and masquerade_domain are each and every one being without being seen is still most perplexing.